Indian Law/releaving letter on resignation

Question
my comany is an Indian registered private comapny. after resigning they are not giving me any kind of releavig letter or experience letter. Though it was not written anywhere in offer letter. My next company need it. I have worked here for 1 year and 10 months. so can u tell me which indian section or rule number says that comapny has to give the releaving letter

Answer
An employee is appointed as per the terms contained in his appointment -letter.So, it is governed by the provisions of the Contract Act.In case, there is any breach of the contract, the aggrieved party can approach the court for appropriate remedy.

An employment contract can be terminated by either party by complying with the termination clause contained in the appointment letter.

Therfore, in the instant case , you have expressed your desire to leave the Company by submitting your letter of resignation.Further, you have clearly specified in the said letter, the date from which you desire to leave the Company.Your ex-employer was legally bound to convey their acceptance of the said letter or atleast a reply to the said letter, indicating the reasons for not releasing you.By keeping silent,by their conduct, they have given their implied consent to the said request.If they have any problem/objections, they should have clearly conveyed it to you.No employer could prevent an employee from availing a better job opportunity.

It is a violation of Article 19 of our Constitution .The said Article provides fundamental right to every citizen to do any occupation, trade or business or to practice any profession.

It seems they do not intend to issue any formal release order to you.However, if they intimated you about the acceptance of your resignation, then that will serve as an evidence that you have left that Company.If they have not issued the same,you submit a copy of your resignation letter to your new employer.Once,you have served a notice to your employer,your tenure comes to an end from the effective date mentioned in your notice.Termination of contract is permissible as per the Contract Act and as such,apparently it appears that from your side nothing wrong has been done.

However,you may consult a lawyer and follow his advice in the matter.He may advice you to serve a legal notice, thretening the Management that if the acceptance/ release order is not issued immediately suitable legal actions wil be taken against them and they will remain liable for any loss or damage to your career.Even if they accept it as on date, it will be effective from the date mentioned in your notice.  

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra