Indian Law/FAMILY ASSETS DIVISION AFTER DEATH OF FATHER

Question
Re.my wife family ,
all 3 bros. +  5 sisters Plus their mother, father dies on jan 2002 and bros. have taken signatures from all the sisters on some typed papers after death of the father, he left some properties behind him like resi house. two factories and agricultural land which recently two bros sold and purchase an factory and holding the entire properties without giving any share to the all 5 sisters and one younger brother.
in above explained circumtances how will claim our share(5 sisters + one brother) in the court of law as tho bros are not going to listen verbally and are not agree to settle out mutually ?
will you suggest any lawer in baghpat (UP)?
through court of law how long time it may take and any court fees is required for the issue ?

Thanks and regards for the co-operation.
Mukesh jain

Answer
If your father died after making a WILL,then the ownership of the wealth left by him will transfer as per his last desire made in the WILL.Otherwise, the properties will be distributed equally to his legal heirs preferably class-I comprising his wife, sons/daughters etc. and otherwise class-II comprising his father,brothers/sisters etc. as per the Succession Certificate issued by the court,for which an application is to be made by the court.

Alternatively, you can execute a ''Family Settlement Deed'' to maintain peace and cordial relation in  the family and distribute the properties mutually.Even courts have recognised such mode of settlement.However, it will remain valid subject to registration.

As per law no one can transfer a better title than the true owner.Therefore, if any transfer of above properties were made by your brother without proper ownership,the said transfers will become invalid.

Apparently, yourself alongwith all your brothers ans sisters shall be  entitled to equal shares to the wealth left by your late father provided no WILL was made by him.Otherwise, it will pass on as per the WILL.

In view of the above, you please consult a lawyer conversant with property law matters alongwith a copy of the WILL and other relevant documents and follow his advice in the matter.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra