Indian Law/Hiership

Respected Learn ate advocate
Dear Sir I am Dr Rano Solanki from Pakistan I need your help and I hope you will reply me. Dear sir here is law that if a Hindu Mal/Female dies the hiership goes their sons while daughters have no right and if he/she has only daughter then it goes to cousins not to daughter please what is law there to you I need its copy or any court decisions to go in the court here to solve the problems of poor daughters who are helpless.It will be better if sir you will send the above said law copy on my mail at .
Dr Rano

Thanks Dr Solanki for your referral.

Please firstly note that this reply is in terms of laws of India as prevalent today.

Property of a Hindu is of two types (a) Ancestral i.e. Co-parcenary and (b) Self Acquired

In both cases, a girl child has equal right as boy.

As regards (a): Section 6 of The Hindu Succession Act, 1956 applies. This has come into force from year 2005

As regards (b): Schedule to The Hindu Succession Act, 1956 applies. This has been in place since long.

You may wish to find the The Hindu Succession Act, 1956 (as amended in year 2005) at following authentic India Government Link:

Or Private Party Link:

Trust, this is helpful.

Best Regards.  

Indian Law

Rajeev Dewal

Indian Law relating to Banking and Financial Transactions. Kindly read instructions on "Ask the Question" page before asking a question. Kindly note that the replies here are by way of general information and not to be taken as legal advice nor the same form any client attorney relationship.

Over 20 years as In-House Counsel and banker with International, Private and Public Sector banks in India.

Currently, Head- Legal, RBL Bank Limited, India (see web:

University Prize- LLB Examination, Distinction- CAIIB.