Indian Law/NOC letter

Sir I am sandeep i have selected in SBI but i am also working in a private company at the time of interview they were asking for NOC from current employer from .But in the advertisment it was written that if u r working in a Govt sector then u need to submit NOC there was nothing obout private company . At the time of interview i have submitted a declaration that i will submit NOC at the time of joining other wise my candidature wil be cancelled.Now  but my company is refusing to give NOC.

Kindly tell me what should i do now to get the NOC...

"NOC" is normally demanded if you apply in a Govt./Semi-Govt. Organisation while working in a same type of Organisation i.e. Govt./Semi-Govt.Moreover,your duty in the instant case is to comply with the terms of advertisementAs per your statement, it was specifically stated that NOC should be submitted at the time of interview if you are presently working in a Govt. Organisation.Therefore, in your case it was not applicable at all.You did a gross blunder by unnecessarily stating that you would submit it at the time of interview.Anyway, you meet their HR Manager personnally and tell them that in your case requirement of NOC is not be applicable and that before joining you will submit release order/resignation letter alongwith documentary proof.There is no need to pursue the NOC from your present employer.It is a glorious opportunity to join a most reputed Bank like SBI and try to avail it.Such opportunity rarely comes in life and I am sure you shall have a glorious future there.In case of any further difficulty,please take necessary action in the matter in consultation with a lawyer.For your own blunder, today you are unnecessarily facing mental torture.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra

Contract Law,Companies Act,Sale of Goods Act,Partnership Act,Negotiable Instument Acts,Constitution of India,Arbitration Act,Consumer Protection Act,Maternity Act,Payment of Gratuity Act,Payment of Bonus Act,Shops & Establishment Act etc.The answer to the grievance of the particular online query depends on the facts of the particular case and law applicable to it.However,my comments relating to the various queries raised through the "All Experts" should not be treated as legal advices and should not at all be relied upon.I do not accept any responsibility for them.They will only give you some ideas about the probable merits of your cases.Ultimate actions/decisions in the matter may please be taken in consultation with the Legal Experts in the relevant fields.My purpose of giving the comments is to increase my own knowledge on the subjects and share it with others.It is purely of academic interest to me. I strongly feel the more knowledge we share,the more we shall be able to learn because there is neither any age nor any end to learning.

I have experience of dealing with matters relating to holdings of board/general meetings,maintenance of statutory registers,filing of necessary returns with the RoC,obtaining licenses for import,replies to Parliament Questions,dealing with the Parliamentary Committees,appearing before various courts to defend my employers,filing affidavits/counter -affidavits,preparing written statements/re-joinder,giving advice to management on complicated legal issues,preparation,drafting and vetting of contracts etc. I have more than 35 years of experiences to deal with the Company Law and Other Commercial Laws of leading Organisations in the country both in Public as well as Private Sectors.

Member,Inst. of Chartered Accountants of India Member,Inst. of Company Secretaries of India; Member,Bar Council of India Member,All India Management Association Member,Delhi Management Association Ex. Vice-Chairman,Durgapore Chapter of the I.C.A.I. Expert ,CA Club India Expert ,Lawyers Club India Expert,AllExperts Ex. Faculty ,I.C.S.I as well as I.C.W.A of India Retd. Co. Secy. & G.M.(Law)/NFL(A Mini-Ratna A Schedule Central P.S.U.),New Delhi Ex.V.P.(Secretarial Dept.),Jaiprakash Associates Ltd. Ex. Co. Secy.,MAMC(A Govt. of India Enterprise),Durgapore

Obtained ''A'' Grade Certificate in the Parliamentary Procedure from the Secy. General of Parliament in 1994-95.It was in connection with a training course conducted by the BPE for PSU Executives.

I am presently working as a Company Secretary in Old World Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.located in Delhi.It is engaged in Hospitality Industry.It has Units in India and abroad.It has been given the responsibility to look after operation & Management of ''India Habetat Centre'' located at Lodhi Road,New Delhi.