Indian Law/Resignation from the post of Teacher during probation period

Question
Hi
First of all many thanks to create such platform.

I was working in a pre school. I resigned from the post of the teacher after 5 months. My probation period was for 6 months. I e-mailed my resignation intimation to the authorities and gave 7 days notice. It was written in my contract that any side could leave the association by giving 7 days notice. Also it was written at one place that this contract is not valid till confirmation of the job.
Now I am getting calls from police station that my boss has filed a complaint. I don't know how to tackle this situation as my employer has also told me that I will face legal hassles and dire consequences. How can I manage this situation?
My employer is also a bad figure and may harm me illegally too.
Please provide me the sections and judgements if possible.

Regards
Anu

Answer
Hello Anu,

If your contract states that you will not be an employee until confirmed and that you resigned by giving appropriate notice under the contract, I don't see any reason why you should be persecuted and harassed and that your employer is taking the aid of the police to call you.

In the context of your present circumstance, you can meet the Commissioner of Police in your City and apprise him that the police officials are favoring your employer for unlawful gains and file a complaint against your employer for the harassment.

Your employer may be a bad figure but nobody is above law and he cannot take law in his hands or use the official machinery to trouble you.

A good lawyer on criminal side will be best able to guide you in this matter.

best regards
Javed Razack  

Indian Law

Javed Razack