Indian Law/Company refused on joining date

Question

I got the offer letter from one of the good company based in Gurgaon. I have accepted their offer and put my papers from previous company on the basis of the offer letter. On the day of joining they refuse to take me in as their project is gone back. I am not the only one there are seven other people facing the same issue. Please do let me know the solution for the same or let me know if I can challenge them in court and ask for the compensation till the time I got a new good job.

Regards
Chandan

Answer
As per the provisions of the Contract Act,an offer may be revocked anytime before acceptace but not afterwards.

In view of the above,in the instant case,you can certainly file a suit for breach of contract against your new employer and in your prauyer you should seek specific performance of the contractsince,since monetory compensation was not an adequate remedy.  

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra