Indian Law/Division of Family Wealth

Question
We are two brothers. I have been settled in North America for more than 40 years. I used to send large amount of money to my parents to buy property. In 1985 my dad wanted to sell some prperty under my dad, brother and myself. I sent an power of attorney in 1985. In order to have peace in my family I sent the power of attorney (I kept a copy of the power of attorney. Now I found that under the pressure of my brother and his wife my dad is selling the land bit by bit without my knowledge. I found that my dad still have left 15 acres of land, a house, a large amount of money in the bank and lots of jewelry that my mom left when she passed away in 2009.

Question I have is that, "Do I have any rights to the land, house or the wealth or the jewelry?"

Thanks

I just want to know, what rights do I have to

Answer
As per law, only the true -owner f the property can sell it and nobody else.Therefore, in the instant case, if the properties were purchased in the name of your father,then he has full authority to dispose off them.Nobody could prevent it.Further, until transfer of his interest only he has got ownership of the properties purchased in his own name.So you do not have any right to claim a share in them.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra