Indian Law/Manager not releasing or agreeing for buyout

Question
Respected Sir,

I am working in a multinational which is having  a 3 month notification period which can be negotiated at the company's  discretion which would be adjusted against an equivalent basic salary payment.The decision to do so, should be a signed off through a consultative process, between HR and the first and second level supervisor of the employee.

Now I have got a good offer from a reputed MNC and they are asking me to join within 1.5 to 2 months and are ready to buy me out for the remaining period. However my manager is adamant and asking me to serve a three month notice period and is not even ready for a buyout. I have spoken to him many times but he is not agreeing at all and often threatening me with issues that if I do leave the organization without serving the notice period then I would not be provided with either a release letter or an experience certificate and legal action could be taken against me. Due to such a situation I have already lost many opportunities in other companies who were willing to buy me out. The irony is nowadays no company wants to wait for 3 months. If this goes on happening then my skills and upliftment in career ambitions would be jeopardized. Kindly help me as to what I can do in such cases?

Answer
You have to terminate your contract as per the termination clause contained in it.Though it is true that you are missing to avail better job-opportunities for failure to join within a short pweriod but it is also necessary for you to obtain a release order from your existing employer.Further,it is fully at the discretion of your employer to wave/insist for a full notice period.So you can request them to wave the notice period but there is nothing wrong for them to reject the said request for exigencies of their work.The only option available for you is to seek extension of the joining period from your new employer.It is also a fact that very few employer will wait for three months joining period for a new employee.However,due to terms of your appointment nothing could be done in this respect and you are to accept your fate.
In view of the above, there is not much merit in challenging the decision of your present employer.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra