Indian Law/mistake in passport issued !!

QUESTION: I've applied for re-new of passport and the place of issue of old passport is wrongly mentioned in new passport. I went to RPO and they told me that since i filled the form online and this mistake is on my part, they can't rectify it and i have to apply refresh a new passport and go through whole process again.

It is true that i have to go though all process again or they are just making an excuse to not do it ??

ANSWER: There is no other alternative but to apply for a freash pass-port.RPO has very correctly advised you.So follow the same.It has been specifically stated in the on line application form to read carefully the draft application before final submition.

QUESTION: Even if the mistake has been found out during police verification and he commented in his report that this needs to be rectified before issuing passport?

RPO told me that they don't cater police verification report for this matter. Even if the mistake has been found out during police verification, it will be printed as per form submitted.

As already advised,you have no other alternative but to apply for a fresh passport to rectify the mistake.Otherwise,it will create unnecessary harassment and legal complications to you in future.RPO is justified in printing the pass-port as per the declaration given by you in the application form.That's why they mention in the form to re-check it carefully before submission.
In view of the above,please re-submit the form without unnecessarily wasting your valuable time.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra

Contract Law,Companies Act,Sale of Goods Act,Partnership Act,Negotiable Instument Acts,Constitution of India,Arbitration Act,Consumer Protection Act,Maternity Act,Payment of Gratuity Act,Payment of Bonus Act,Shops & Establishment Act etc.The answer to the grievance of the particular online query depends on the facts of the particular case and law applicable to it.However,my comments relating to the various queries raised through the "All Experts" should not be treated as legal advices and should not at all be relied upon.I do not accept any responsibility for them.They will only give you some ideas about the probable merits of your cases.Ultimate actions/decisions in the matter may please be taken in consultation with the Legal Experts in the relevant fields.My purpose of giving the comments is to increase my own knowledge on the subjects and share it with others.It is purely of academic interest to me. I strongly feel the more knowledge we share,the more we shall be able to learn because there is neither any age nor any end to learning.

I have experience of dealing with matters relating to holdings of board/general meetings,maintenance of statutory registers,filing of necessary returns with the RoC,obtaining licenses for import,replies to Parliament Questions,dealing with the Parliamentary Committees,appearing before various courts to defend my employers,filing affidavits/counter -affidavits,preparing written statements/re-joinder,giving advice to management on complicated legal issues,preparation,drafting and vetting of contracts etc. I have more than 35 years of experiences to deal with the Company Law and Other Commercial Laws of leading Organisations in the country both in Public as well as Private Sectors.

Member,Inst. of Chartered Accountants of India Member,Inst. of Company Secretaries of India; Member,Bar Council of India Member,All India Management Association Member,Delhi Management Association Ex. Vice-Chairman,Durgapore Chapter of the I.C.A.I. Expert ,CA Club India Expert ,Lawyers Club India Expert,AllExperts Ex. Faculty ,I.C.S.I as well as I.C.W.A of India Retd. Co. Secy. & G.M.(Law)/NFL(A Mini-Ratna A Schedule Central P.S.U.),New Delhi Ex.V.P.(Secretarial Dept.),Jaiprakash Associates Ltd. Ex. Co. Secy.,MAMC(A Govt. of India Enterprise),Durgapore

Obtained ''A'' Grade Certificate in the Parliamentary Procedure from the Secy. General of Parliament in 1994-95.It was in connection with a training course conducted by the BPE for PSU Executives.

I am presently working as a Company Secretary in Old World Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.located in Delhi.It is engaged in Hospitality Industry.It has Units in India and abroad.It has been given the responsibility to look after operation & Management of ''India Habetat Centre'' located at Lodhi Road,New Delhi.