Indian Law/NOC letter at the time of Walk in Interview

Question
QUESTION: Dear Sir,

I have been working in Quasi-government organization since last 6 yrs under probation. my questions are as follows:
1] I had applied at semi-government College and as per advertisement NOC was to produced at the time of Walk in interview. Unfortunately I do not get any any guidance from HRD Dept. Due to non-availability of NOC I could not attend Interview. Hence I want to know what is the procedure to avail NOC?
2] Just to appear in an Interview does not give guarantee to get the job then how it can affect my current service?
3] If employer deny/ not issue NOC within time frame what employee can do?

ANSWER: An employee of a Govt./semi-Govt. Organisation can apply to Govt./semi-Govt. Organisation through proper channel only.Otherwise they are not eligible to appear for interview.However, such ''NoC'' can be submitted even at the time of interview also.If you appear for interview without ''NoC'',subsequently your selection may be challeged by somebody before the court for violating interview condition.Even if are not selected ,it will not affect your service in the present Organisation.There is a DPE Guideline for transfer benefit when an employee applies through prper channel.The object is to encourage free mobility of the employees.However,it is fully at the discretion of the emloyer to allow or dis-allow NoC to his employee and nothing could be done against them for the same.

QUESTION: Dear Sir,

Thank you for your reply, in reference to your reply my followup questions are as follows:
1]Is it mandatory for employee who is working under probation to apply through proper channel only though his service is not confirmed?

2]Can organization deny to forward our application through proper channel by giving reason that only two application in a year may be forwarded through proper channel.

3] is it require to avail NOC every time or NOC received once is valid for further walk in interviews?

With regards,

Answer
My comments relating to your queries are given below:
(1).It is mandatory for every confirmed employee working in a Govt./Semi-Govt. Organisations to apply only through proper channel.A probationer till confirmation is not entitled to apply for employment in another Govt./Semi-Govt. Organisations.
(2).It is fully at the discretion of the employer to forward the application,even if the employee is entitled to apply.It may reject the request by giving reason that only two applications in a year may be forwarded through proper channel by quoting the applicable service rules of the Organisation.
(3).It is necessary every time to apply for a fresh ''NoC'' in accordance with the Derive Rules of the Organisation.
The above is an example of relevant service rules of Govt./Semi Govt. Organisations.However, you may go through the relevant Service Rules of your Organisation and follow the same.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra