Indian Law/Notice Pay Not Paid

Question
Respected Sir,

I was associated with a private bank since 2006, I was terminated in the month of Nov 2010. My offer letter quotes 3 months of notice pay in lieu of termination...I have been following up with HR of the company for more than two years, I have escalated this matter to the top of the HR, But no response....I have all the mail correspondence with me, Can I have Justice given for the mental turmoil??

G Reddy.

Answer
It depends upon the terms of the contract.Since in the instant case,3 months notice -pay in case of termination,you have every right to claim it.Further services of a permanent employee cannot be abruptly terminated without holding a proper inquiry.It is against the principles of natural justice to dismiss an employee without first giving him an opportunity to defend.

In view of the above,I would advice you to immediately serve a legal notice upon them to settle your notice-pay and reminding them that failing which,you shall be compelled to take suitable legal actions against them.You have a very strong case.So please fight for it without any tension.They are legally bound to pay it and court may compel them to pay penal interest also for delay in releasing the amount and for causing unnecessary mental torture to you.

With Best Wishes,

A.K.Maitra,M.Com;LL.B;A.C.A;A.C.S;M.I.M.A
Retd. Company Secretary & G.M.(Law)
National Fertilizers Ltd.
(A Min-Ratna Central P.S.U.)

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra