Indian Law/PASSPORT REISSUE OR RENEWAL

Question
hello sir,

I am in the process of renewing my passport but I have few questions. I got deported by ICE. USA on feb 3rd 2012 as i could not attend school due to financial reasons so I had to come back to INDIA. Now in the meantime i lost my passport and I have duly filed FIR for it. i will be applying for passport renewal soon . now while filing out the application form should i mention about my deportation or just avoid it. would i face any problem due to that. i have no record in india . i just got repatriated from USA as i could not attend school and I have even mentioned that to indian customs while coming back.
and the passport i lost had 3 yrs of validity and would be expiring on 2016.
if i do apply would i be getting a new passport with new number or they would just issue me a duplicate one.
I would prefer a new one as that would give me 10 yrs of validity .

please let me know what are the best options for me and would i be facing any issue while applying for the lost passport.

thanks for your help

Answer
You must disclose correct information in your pass-port application form.It is a criminal offence to make false information in the said application.Since the validity period of your existing passport has not yet expired,naturally you are to apply for a duplicate passport.However, please take all actions in consultation with the PRO of the Passport Issuing Authority and disclose true facts to him and do not hide anything.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra