Indian Law/Property in wife's mother name

Question
Your Question was:

Respected Sir,
There is a situation where father first wife has expired without will and she has property in her name.  She is survived by two children(one of them is my wife). Now father has remarried and has three children from second wife.  Property is still in death wife’ name.  Now Please guide us about the right of first wife children and husband in Propety.  If father has misplaced the property paper by knowingly, what is legal action can be taken to take share in property.
Thanks and regards

Answer
In the case of females
Under the Hindu Succession Act, 1956, females are allowed equal right of property with sons.
The property of a Hindu female dying intestate, or without a will, shall devolve in the following order:
1.   upon the sons and daughters (including the children of any pre-deceased son or daughter) and the husband,
2.   upon the heirs of the husband.
3.   upon the heirs of the father, and
4.   upon the heirs of the mother.
Unless a statute provides otherwise, a surviving spouse's rights of inheritance are not affected by a later marriage after the death of the decedent. The rights of a survivor of a second or subsequent marriage of the decedent are the same as though he or she were the survivor of the first marriage.
In view of the above, in the instant case ,the property of the first wife will devolve upon her own children as well as  her husband.Even if the title-deeds are misplaced by the father,Succession Certificate can be obtained from the court on the basis of certified true copy of the docuents obtained from the Registrr's Office.
However, this is my personal view and you may  consult a lawyer on the above matter.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra