Indian Law/termination from employment

Question
Hello Sir,

This is Bibhudata from chennai.I joined in a company called Newswire18 Ltd(Network18 group)on 13th sep 2010 as a contract employee.Later by looking my performance they taken me into a confirm employee.From April 01, 2011 i became a permanemt employee & they issued a letter also to me.Recently they terminated from the job on 30th nov 2012.Reason is due to late coming.They sent a termination letter to me.I asked to them to give relieving letter & experience letter but they are declining.

What i will do?Not even got the 1 month notice salary.I will get these letters or not & what about my full & final settlement?If i will not get these letters then i will be unable to join in a company.There is no option for me without suicide.Plz help.

With regards
Bibhudata Dhal
Chennai

Answer
A permanent employee cannot be terminated without first holding a departmental inquiry.If they have done so, it will be against the principles of natural justice because the employee must be given an opportunity to defend himself.Moreover, termination should be as per the termination clause contained in the terms of your engagement.Normally the standard clause for termination is serving of prescribed period of notice say one/three months or pay in lieu thereof by either party.If there is such a clause in your appointment letter, then certainly you are entitled to notice pay.It is also their responsibility to issue release order as well as experience certificate on demand.If they have abruptly terminated your contract without holding any inquiry, please issue a legal notice to reinstate you alongwith all back wages.However, if you are not willing to work there any more, then also serve a legal notice to issue release order as well as experience certificate to you and also to settle all your arrears dues within a prescribed period.Please also threaten that if the above actions are not taken within a specified period say 15 days from the date of receipt of your notice, you shall be compelled to take suitable legal actions against them.
You have a very strong case in the matter and please take above actions immediately in consultation with a suitable lawyer.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra