Indian Law/Regarding the Legal action that parents could take against their sons / daughters for not looking after them

Haqq wrote at 2013-08-14 20:08:28
Bro Javed

As Salam Alaykum! could you also throw some light on the fact that an abusive and violent father earning handsomely as an nri has deserted his wife and children and disappears with his  mistress, does not provide maintenance despite the shariah court verdict of a country. He threatens his son that he will seek maintenance as soon as the son starts earning. Question: what is the legal right of such deserting father in the light of law. It is well understood rights come with duties. What remedy can the son avail against such an exploitation in adulthood after being cheated of his rights through his childhood? Mother works to her bones and raising her children.  

Indian Law

Javed Razack