You are here:

Indian Law/Regarding the Legal action that parents could take against their sons / daughters for not looking after them


Haqq wrote at 2013-08-14 20:08:28
Bro Javed

As Salam Alaykum! could you also throw some light on the fact that an abusive and violent father earning handsomely as an nri has deserted his wife and children and disappears with his  mistress, does not provide maintenance despite the shariah court verdict of a country. He threatens his son that he will seek maintenance as soon as the son starts earning. Question: what is the legal right of such deserting father in the light of law. It is well understood rights come with duties. What remedy can the son avail against such an exploitation in adulthood after being cheated of his rights through his childhood? Mother works to her bones and raising her children.  

Indian Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Javed Razack


The medium of allexperts in asking questions and soliciting answers is for people who are in real need of assistance on their grievance. I may not be able to accommodate request on opinions, suggestions and queries from people who desire answers for their academic interest. I do not solicit professional work through the medium of allexperts. I will not be answering questions which are not asked by genuine seekers on their issues and problems. Students, Junior Lawyers, Job seekers, Para Legal and non-serious persons are requested to abstain and refrain from raising queries so as to provide this platform for genuine people in availing the facility. Questions for any academic interest will be rejected. No client attorney relationship is established by answering your query(s). I do not accept requests for legal advice nor offer any specific legal advice through the medium of allexperts or its Web page. The answers and comments are for illustrative purposes only and should not be relied or regarded as legal advice. The answer to the grievance of the particular online query depends on the facts of the particular case and law applicable to it. Answers and information disseminated on this Web site is intended to be educational in nature and not intended to be a source of advertising or solicitation or be interpreted as legal advice. Users and viewers discretion is solicited and itís at your own risk. I will endeavor to answer questions on Indian Laws concerning Civil disputes on property, recovery or any other contractual obligation, Criminal disputes on Indian Penal Code, Negotiable Instruments Act, Company matters, Income Tax, Arbitration, Family and matrimonial issues, please ask.


Successful in acheiving what I regard job satisfaction.

Self Employed

Many Journals

Master in Law

Awards and Honors

Past/Present Clients

©2017 All rights reserved.