Indian Law/christian property division

Question
My mother a Tamil Christian bougth property after selling her mothers estate.My mom & dad have died without any will.I have 2 brothers and 1 sister.One of my brothers has died leaving behind his wife,2 sons,1 daughter and their minor children.The other brother also died leaving behind only his wife.My sister also died & has 1 daughter & 1 son & their minor children.I have 2 daughters and my minor grandchildren.How does this property get divided & in what proportion?

Answer
Hello Prameela,

Since the property is purchased after selling the ancestral property, the share will have to be divided among the heirs and successors to the estate of the deceased.

As you are a Christian, the applicable law will be Law of Inheritance and Succession, 1925.

The division of the property as per the family tree and genealogy will be best done and assisted by a good lawyer on civil side.

Best regards
Javed Razack  

Indian Law

Javed Razack