Indian Law/Mutual Divorce files on pressure of parents

Question
Sir,

My marriage was done on 12-06-11 as arranged marriage and my wife lived with me only for 6 months.Since 1st JAN'12 she is staying with her home itself.The main thing is she got Hypo Thyroid as extream level and it comes as mental depression 2 months back. Meanwhile, the doctor says thyroid problem may be affected 2-3 years back but her parents couldnt identified.i found the same on December'2011 and informed her parents, but they didnt accept.
Her father is a business men and he is opposing me on every moments without any particular reason and not ready to send her to my home. Lot of meetings have arranged several times for getting their issues and solve it out,but he never change his decision and informed me that he wont to continue my relation and ready for divorce.
If she wont me,i am ready for divorce but i didnt get any confirmation from her side personally.Few public leaders have take up the issue and discussed with her father but he is not willing.

I have contact their middle men and asked to arrange a counseling, But they said her parents not ready to hear anything and he is not willing to send counseling.Now he want mutual divorce immediately.But on last march, she has told me, ultimately it may goes to separate if her father have to involve on this issue.Now the same thing is happened.I think she is getting brain wash from her parents side for stick on their decision.
Last month, her father met with my uncle through some middle men and try to gave her wedding chain.Now he is keeping her wedding chain without intimate me.

At present i heard she is normal from mental depression and treatment is going on under psychiatry.Actualy she has hypothyroid at extreme level and ultimately it came as mental depression.So i have little bit fears for living together without her parents support.

Two weeks before, both of our public representatives have met with an advocate and decided for filing a mutual petition.during this time her father has asked to return back her gold ornaments with wedding chain from our side and he also kept her wedding chain(In kerala,it known as "Thaali")for return back to us. After that advocate has told it can be handed-over if you have no objection and make another  agreement on out of court for it.They want the same immediately,So public representatives have been decided to handed-over all the things and make an agreement.
I think her father is deciding everything without her confirmation.She is believing blindly,so they are giving wrong information against me for keeping as enemy / a cheated guy.

Since March 2012, i couldn't communicate her, actual i dont know why they are keeping this kind of behavior against me and my family. I think he is miss-understanding me.

On 12 August 2012, she got mental depression due to Hyppo thyroid issue and admitted in hospital for psychiatry treatment for 2 weeks.Since March 2012, i couldnt saw. Now i dont know what is her health status and all.

Finally, As per her parents pressure and middle men decesion,we have signed Mutual divorce petition without any talks / meeting/ counseling with my wife.

ANYWAY I WANT A COUNSELING WITH COURT ORDER AND I NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS HER DECISION.

So any possibility to arrange a counseling? It must be get from court end because without court order they will not come to attend the counseling.

Kindly advise me how can i get her ? If she is want me , i am ready to live together.

Expecting your valued advise.

Answer
Dear Shajil
As you have already applied for mutual divorce as a joint petition, counselling will take place as a matter of procedure in front of the court counselor. Ina way, you are lucky as yoor wife has accepted for Divorce without dragging you to unnecessary criminal litigation. anyway the best judge is you. I feel if you find that during counselling your wife wants a Divorce, then it is better to go forward and split as there is no meaning in continuing such a relationship. That is just my opinion and you are the ultimate deciding factor. Anyway choose wisely.  

Indian Law

Advocate Manoj Ambat