You are here:

Indian Law/Plz Help me Out Sir !!!


QUESTION: Sir !!! I would be much happy if u show me a way or direction so that I can solve my dangerous Issue .....

Assume my mothers name as XYZ (This name Is there on each and every document of mine including 10h or SSC marks memo, Ration Card, Voter ID Card, Parents Marriage Certificate etc.)

In Hospital, my Grand Parents did a big mistake when I was born ....

They had written my mothers name as ABC (Casual name which they used to call her at home) instead of XYZ which is a real name ...

Now I am seeing stars during day time and every time probably ....

Big Issue I am facing Is with Passport ... as I was born on 23 jun 1989 ... I definitely need to apply birth certificate for passport

Please help me ... I am In a great need of help from u like experienced advocates ..... Thanks for your patience.

ANSWER: Accordin to my knowledge no change in the birth-certificate is possible,unless it was a mistake on the part of the Municipality/Issuing Authority.However,you can apply for the said change through the court by giving an affidavit.Please consult a lawyer and follow his advice in the matter.

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: Thanks for sharing ur feedback ... :(

I am really in deep trouble ....

My Career Is totally ruined because of my grandparents mistake ...

Totally obsessed with my life right now ..


At this stage it is extremely difficult to rectify this type of mistake.However, one option is your mother,s name can be changed to XYZ through Gazette Notification.Another option is to change it through cout's order.So, as already advised, please take apprpriate action in the matter through a competent lawyer and follow his advice in the matter.

Indian Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Arun Kumar Maitra


Contract Law,Companies Act,Sale of Goods Act,Partnership Act,Negotiable Instument Acts,Constitution of India,Arbitration Act,Consumer Protection Act,Maternity Act,Payment of Gratuity Act,Payment of Bonus Act,Shops & Establishment Act etc.The answer to the grievance of the particular online query depends on the facts of the particular case and law applicable to it.However,my comments relating to the various queries raised through the "All Experts" should not be treated as legal advices and should not at all be relied upon.I do not accept any responsibility for them.They will only give you some ideas about the probable merits of your cases.Ultimate actions/decisions in the matter may please be taken in consultation with the Legal Experts in the relevant fields.My purpose of giving the comments is to increase my own knowledge on the subjects and share it with others.It is purely of academic interest to me. I strongly feel the more knowledge we share,the more we shall be able to learn because there is neither any age nor any end to learning.


I have experience of dealing with matters relating to holdings of board/general meetings,maintenance of statutory registers,filing of necessary returns with the RoC,obtaining licenses for import,replies to Parliament Questions,dealing with the Parliamentary Committees,appearing before various courts to defend my employers,filing affidavits/counter -affidavits,preparing written statements/re-joinder,giving advice to management on complicated legal issues,preparation,drafting and vetting of contracts etc. I have more than 35 years of experiences to deal with the Company Law and Other Commercial Laws of leading Organisations in the country both in Public as well as Private Sectors.

Member,Inst. of Chartered Accountants of India Member,Inst. of Company Secretaries of India; Member,Bar Council of India Member,All India Management Association Member,Delhi Management Association Ex. Vice-Chairman,Durgapore Chapter of the I.C.A.I. Expert ,CA Club India Expert ,Lawyers Club India Expert,AllExperts Ex. Faculty ,I.C.S.I as well as I.C.W.A of India Retd. Co. Secy. & G.M.(Law)/NFL(A Mini-Ratna A Schedule Central P.S.U.),New Delhi Ex.V.P.(Secretarial Dept.),Jaiprakash Associates Ltd. Ex. Co. Secy.,MAMC(A Govt. of India Enterprise),Durgapore



Awards and Honors
Obtained ''A'' Grade Certificate in the Parliamentary Procedure from the Secy. General of Parliament in 1994-95.It was in connection with a training course conducted by the BPE for PSU Executives.

Past/Present Clients
I am presently working as a Company Secretary in Old World Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.located in Delhi.It is engaged in Hospitality Industry.It has Units in India and abroad.It has been given the responsibility to look after operation & Management of ''India Habetat Centre'' located at Lodhi Road,New Delhi.

©2017 All rights reserved.