Indian Law/Property dispute

Question
Dear Sir,
My grandfather had two children- my father and my uncle. My father died in 1972. Till December 1998, we were joint family. In January 1999, with mutual consent but without making a 'Family settlement Deed', we made ancestral property distribution among our self. We took possession of our shares. Everything went well till 2005 when my uncle sold an agricultural land of his portion and thereafter started claiming his right on the property of mine possession by hook and crook. He mortgaged some 60 decimal of land in 2009 of which 15 decimal is from mine portion. He asked me to get adjustment for this in other piece of land which I agreed.

Now, there is a piece of land that stretches North- South length wise, let us call it 'A'. The north half of it (X) belongs to me while south half (Y)to him. North end of X is my entrance while south end of Y is his entrance. He had already erected a room, soon after division, at this entrance gate of Y. He left 3 feet wide entrance through this room while I have left 13 feet wide road for entrance from north of X.   
Boundary walls have already been erected  by me from East and West side of X. However, when I was erecting boundary wall in the middle at the dividing line of X and Y in June 2012, he objected.  I t is to be noted that I have already constructed a new pacca house in X.
At this juncture, he raised dispute that he has entrance from my side. He dug out the bricks of boundary wall being constructed. He was ready to fight.
It is worthy to be noted that he had sworn in an affidavit in which the signatures of my elder brother and that of witness are fraud. The photocopy of this affidavit is with me.
Now, in such a situation,
1. What legal assistance must I seek for his high- handedness?
2. What should I do for 'Family settlement Deed'?
3. What should I do to get ride of his greed?
Yours sincerely,
Devendra Kumar Singh

Answer
First of all ownership of the property does not pass unless a properly executed Conveyance-Deed is executed and registered.Even if you executed any Settlement-Deed,that requirement is a must.Then and then only , necessary changes will be made in the revenue records.
In view of the above, in the instant case , after the death of your grand-father, if he died intestate ,his wealth will devolve upon his legal heirs as per the provisions of the Hindu Succession Act.Further, as per the provisions of the said Act, the property will devolve equally amongst the Class-I legal heirs comprising your grand-mother and her children etc. and in the absence of the same, upon class-II heirs comprising your grand-fathers father,brothersetc.The same channel will be applicable after the death of your father.To obtain the Succession Certificate, one of the beneficiaries have to apply to the court.
So,it seems some illegal transfers have taken place on the above matter.Further, some forgery has also taken place due to false and miss-statements made while submitting the Affidavit.Therefore , immediately a criminal complaint should be lodged before the trial court.
You may also execute a "Family Settlement Deed" as on date to maintain peace and cordial relation within the family and also for equitable distribution of wealth.It will also save the reputation of the family.That will also require registration.
Please take above actions in consultation with a suitable lawyer.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra