You are here:

Indian Law/Resignation rules


Dear sir
I have worked as a Maths teacher for 8 years in a CBSE school nearby, and 4 years ago i was appointed as  Principal of the school. About 2 months ago, due to some bad situation & consequences i gave my resignation to the chairman of the school. No response whatsoever has been received by me officially as yet & i don't know if they have accepted it, although my salary for the period of 25 days has been sent to my home by the school.
Now my question is i want to rejoin the school. I have once called & personally met the Chairman regarding this but the chairman is not responding well. He is neither clearly refusing me nor accepting my request. I want to know whether there is a law to cancel my resignation & can i rejoin my service by law.

Sandeep Singh

Dear Sandeep Singh
The question as to the procedure of either acceptance or withdrawal of resignation can only be in adherence to the bylaws of your institution. Having said that, normally the practice followed is that it is the discretion of the management weather to accept or reject your resignation. It is better for you to come to a negotiated settlement with the management.  

Indian Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Advocate Manoj Ambat


I can answer any questions concerning Indian Law, that may include Criminal, Civil, Matrimonial, family laws, consumer contracts, agreements personal laws including Hindu Laws and banking laws in India. I do not specialize in tax laws. DISCLAIMER: The profile and the answers given above by the expert are in conformity with the guidelines laid out by The Bar Council of India and is not intended as a means of Personal promotion nor as an Advertisement of services provided by this expert as an Advocate. The questions answered herein are free in nature and are in conformity of the legal aid programs of The Bar Council of India. Please also note that the answers given are specific to each question specified by the questioner and details provided by the same which may not reflect on the actual problems faced by the questioner. Hence it is advisable to personally consult a good Advocate/ Lawyer in your locality for solutions to your problems. The expert and this website does not undertake the accuracy of the answers herein given and the questioner's discretion is advised. FOR THE READERS: The answers given herein should not be considered as a general answer and are specific to the questions asked herein.The answers are only just path finders that leads you on the correct answers. It is always advisable to personally consult a lawyer for specific solutions to your problems


I am an Attorney/Advocate/Lawyer running independent practice having extensive practice in Criminal laws,Civil laws,Family laws,Divorce laws, Guardianship of children and minors,Consumer Laws and rights,Contracts and agreements,Property laws in Kerala,Labour laws,Medical negligence,personal laws including Hindu Laws, Tribal laws and rights and Motor Accident Claims for the past 13 years.

Having Independent practice and Senior Partner in Manoj Ambat (Law Firm).Also currently involved in Tribal Rights & Empowerment Movements in the hills of Attapady, Palakkad District, Kerala State giving free legal education and assistance as part of the Akhil Bharathiya Abhibhashaka Parishad legal assistance program along with associates

My blog ( Facebook ( Twitter (!/manojambat)

BA.L, LL.B, General Course in Intellectual Property Laws ( WIPO, Geneva)

Past/Present Clients
Individual clients and companies

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]