Indian Law/i want to change my baby name in birth certificate

Question
QUESTION: mujhy meri baby ka naam samroj rakhna tha per galti se us k papa ney sana kar diya ab mujhy birth certificate par samroj naam karna he to us k liye kya procedure he pls tell me thank you.

ANSWER: Birth Certificate contains names of the parents only and not that of the baby because baby's name is decided afterwards.Even if you have mentioned any name in it, now it is not possible to change it because the said name was recorded based on your own declaration.However, you may consult the agency which issued it to ascertain whether there is any scope to change it now.Moreover, even a minor's name can be changed by following the Govt. Guidelines in this regard.

QUESTION: aap ney kaha k minnority k hisab sey naam change ho sakta he to fir kya aap hamy salh dey sakty he k us k liye kya karna hoga aur kya kya documents jaruri hongy. thank you sir

Answer
Kindly follow the following Govt. Guidelines for change of your child's name and take necessary action through a lawyer:

GUIDELINES FOR CHANGE OF NAME FOR MINOR
One should strictly adhere to the following instructions for change of name for
minors in the Gazette of India Part- IV.
1. The individual concerned i.e. either father or mother has to notify the change of
name of his/her minor son/daughter in one of the daily leading newspaper, giving therein
full identification that is his/her name, Father’s name/Husband’s name along with
residential address and date of birth of child & forward it in original to this Department.
2. Please submit an original affidavit (from the side of Guardian) duly attested by
first class Magistrate/Notary/Oath Commissioner showing therein full details of
father’s/husband’s name along with residential address before taking oath in the affidavit
& forward it in original to this Department. In case of Indian living abroad, he/she will
submit duly attested by the respective Indian Embassy/Indian High Commission, in
original to this Department.
3. Please submit printing matter as prescribed in the attached specimen duly
completed in all respects by typing the same on a separate plain paper and signed by the
individual in his/her old name, with two witnesses in duplicate. The Proforma must not
be handwritten.
4. Please attach two passport size photographs of parents(either mother or father),
whoever is giving the declaration and one of the minor son/daughter. If the case is sent by
registered post, the photographs have to be attested by Gazetted officer/oath
commissioner/notary public.
5. The printing charges for publication of change of name Rs. 1100/- only. The
amount will have to be submitted or remitted in advance in cash or by Demand
Draft/India Postal Order drawn in favour of Controller of Publication, Department of
Publication, Civil Lines, Delhi-54. The extra copies of the Gazette can be supplied to
the extent of 4 on additional payment of Rs. - 35/- per copy. The charges in cash may
also be deposited with aforesaid documents in our Department. The cost of advertising
of change of name in the Gazette of India for Indian living abroad is Rs. - 3300/- which
includes air mail charges also.
6. All the aforesaid document, printing charges together with forwarding letter
addressed to The controller of Publication, Department of Publication, Civil Lines, Delhi-
54. should be sent to this Department by post or they can come personally also. The
documents must not be old i.e.beyond the period of one year.
7. The documents once submitted in this Department will not be returned in any
circumstances, neither original nor Xerox copy.
SPECIMEN FOR CHANGE OF NAME FOR MINOR
ALL BLANK SPACE DULY TYPED ON SEPARATE
PLAIN PAPER IN DUPLICATE (TWO COPIES)
No. ADVT./IV/
I hitherto known as ………………………………………... Son
of ………………………………………………………………Employed
as …………………………………………………………………….…in
the ………………………………………………………………… residing
at……………………………………………….……………………… have
changed the name of my minor
son/daughter……………………………….aged………………….years
and he/she shall hereafter be known as ……………………………..
It is certified that I have complied with other legal requirements in
this connection.
Signature of Guardian
Witness No. 1
Signature Full Name
Address
Witness No. 2
Signature Full Name
Address

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra