You are here:

Indian Law/White wash Charges


Hello Sir,
Me and my husband living in rented room from last one year and as I have got a job in my husbands place so we are trying to shift.But when we asked our owner that if she can adjust this months rent in our advance(as she has the advance already), firstly she said yes and then she asked us to pay white wash money i.e. Rs 4500 before leaving. Sir, Is this any law about this or she is just making it by herself.Please I need fast reply if you can.

Dear Payal
The relationship between the owner and a tenant is dictated by the terms and conditions between them or under the terms and conditions of the prevailing Rent Control Act in your state. As you have stated the terms and conditions of the agreement between you and the land lady, I am not in a position to give you a definite reply. Having said that, the house owner can ask for the whitewash expenses if she had paid for the same as a general rule followed in the markeet. Anyway please do consult a good lawyer in your locality who will be able to help you better after going through the agreement between you and the land lord.  

Indian Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Advocate Manoj Ambat


I can answer any questions concerning Indian Law, that may include Criminal, Civil, Matrimonial, family laws, consumer contracts, agreements personal laws including Hindu Laws and banking laws in India. I do not specialize in tax laws. DISCLAIMER: The profile and the answers given above by the expert are in conformity with the guidelines laid out by The Bar Council of India and is not intended as a means of Personal promotion nor as an Advertisement of services provided by this expert as an Advocate. The questions answered herein are free in nature and are in conformity of the legal aid programs of The Bar Council of India. Please also note that the answers given are specific to each question specified by the questioner and details provided by the same which may not reflect on the actual problems faced by the questioner. Hence it is advisable to personally consult a good Advocate/ Lawyer in your locality for solutions to your problems. The expert and this website does not undertake the accuracy of the answers herein given and the questioner's discretion is advised. FOR THE READERS: The answers given herein should not be considered as a general answer and are specific to the questions asked herein.The answers are only just path finders that leads you on the correct answers. It is always advisable to personally consult a lawyer for specific solutions to your problems


I am an Attorney/Advocate/Lawyer running independent practice having extensive practice in Criminal laws,Civil laws,Family laws,Divorce laws, Guardianship of children and minors,Consumer Laws and rights,Contracts and agreements,Property laws in Kerala,Labour laws,Medical negligence,personal laws including Hindu Laws, Tribal laws and rights and Motor Accident Claims for the past 13 years.

Having Independent practice and Senior Partner in Manoj Ambat (Law Firm).Also currently involved in Tribal Rights & Empowerment Movements in the hills of Attapady, Palakkad District, Kerala State giving free legal education and assistance as part of the Akhil Bharathiya Abhibhashaka Parishad legal assistance program along with associates

My blog ( Facebook ( Twitter (!/manojambat)

BA.L, LL.B, General Course in Intellectual Property Laws ( WIPO, Geneva)

Past/Present Clients
Individual clients and companies

©2017 All rights reserved.