Indian Law/White wash Charges

Question
Hello Sir,
Me and my husband living in rented room from last one year and as I have got a job in my husbands place so we are trying to shift.But when we asked our owner that if she can adjust this months rent in our advance(as she has the advance already), firstly she said yes and then she asked us to pay white wash money i.e. Rs 4500 before leaving. Sir, Is this any law about this or she is just making it by herself.Please I need fast reply if you can.

Answer
Dear Payal
The relationship between the owner and a tenant is dictated by the terms and conditions between them or under the terms and conditions of the prevailing Rent Control Act in your state. As you have stated the terms and conditions of the agreement between you and the land lady, I am not in a position to give you a definite reply. Having said that, the house owner can ask for the whitewash expenses if she had paid for the same as a general rule followed in the markeet. Anyway please do consult a good lawyer in your locality who will be able to help you better after going through the agreement between you and the land lord.  

Indian Law

Advocate Manoj Ambat