You are here:

Indian Law/Company refusing my resignation by saying I'm under agreement !!!


Hi Sir,

I'm working for a IT company from past 2.8 years. While joining I signed a 100 Rs bond copy state that I will work for this company for 3 years. In case, if I want to terminate my contract I need to pay Rs 50,000 /-. Recently I got selected for a MNC and I put m resignation to concern departments. And also I expressed my interest to pay the bond breakage amount.

But unfortunately my company people are not accepting my resignation and saying that I'm under bond period. But I can't continue in this job at any cost.

How can I proceed with them. Kindly help me to get rid of them.

Thanking you in advance !!!

Your's sincerely,

Dear Krishna
As per the information given by you, you have right to buy out your bond from the company. If that is the case, the company cannot refuse the same. But if there is a clause which says that the Company can choose to refuse the buy out, then you will be in trouble. My advice would be to negotiate and settle with the company amicably. Please understand that I am giving this advice without seeing your bond agreement. It is better to personally consult a good advocate in your town who after going through the agreement will be able to help you better

Indian Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Advocate Manoj Ambat


I can answer any questions concerning Indian Law, that may include Criminal, Civil, Matrimonial, family laws, consumer contracts, agreements personal laws including Hindu Laws and banking laws in India. I do not specialize in tax laws. DISCLAIMER: The profile and the answers given above by the expert are in conformity with the guidelines laid out by The Bar Council of India and is not intended as a means of Personal promotion nor as an Advertisement of services provided by this expert as an Advocate. The questions answered herein are free in nature and are in conformity of the legal aid programs of The Bar Council of India. Please also note that the answers given are specific to each question specified by the questioner and details provided by the same which may not reflect on the actual problems faced by the questioner. Hence it is advisable to personally consult a good Advocate/ Lawyer in your locality for solutions to your problems. The expert and this website does not undertake the accuracy of the answers herein given and the questioner's discretion is advised. FOR THE READERS: The answers given herein should not be considered as a general answer and are specific to the questions asked herein.The answers are only just path finders that leads you on the correct answers. It is always advisable to personally consult a lawyer for specific solutions to your problems


I am an Attorney/Advocate/Lawyer running independent practice having extensive practice in Criminal laws,Civil laws,Family laws,Divorce laws, Guardianship of children and minors,Consumer Laws and rights,Contracts and agreements,Property laws in Kerala,Labour laws,Medical negligence,personal laws including Hindu Laws, Tribal laws and rights and Motor Accident Claims for the past 13 years.

Having Independent practice and Senior Partner in Manoj Ambat (Law Firm).Also currently involved in Tribal Rights & Empowerment Movements in the hills of Attapady, Palakkad District, Kerala State giving free legal education and assistance as part of the Akhil Bharathiya Abhibhashaka Parishad legal assistance program along with associates

My blog ( Facebook ( Twitter (!/manojambat)

BA.L, LL.B, General Course in Intellectual Property Laws ( WIPO, Geneva)

Past/Present Clients
Individual clients and companies

©2017 All rights reserved.