Indian Law/can i file a defamation case?

Question
In 2010, my fatherís friend approached my father to sell his property, for that purpose he executed sale agreement in favor of my father and also executed power of attorney in my name. but he fail to perform his part of obligation and also cancelled the power attorney he executed in my name, claiming that I have not done any transaction in that with power. For this my father as also filed specific performance suit in court. My fatherí friend now gave police complaint against my father that my father is trying to grab his land. But the case is being closed due to no evidence against my father. Now again my fatherís friend went to high court to get direction not only against my father but also against my were I have no connection in this case.  Now I m doing MBA in reputed university, I applied for job in reputed company and also got offer letter from that company, but because the case is still in pending I cannot go to that job, the company is in Hyderabad and I m in Chennai. Now can I claim Damages for that person? Who filing false case against me because I have also lost the opportunity in getting place in big company. What kind of suit I can file against my fatherís Friend, will I get compensation?

Answer
In case of immovable property,no change in ownership takes place unless a Conveyance Deed is executed and registered.So merely by executing an Agreement to Sale and POA in your favour,nobody could claim any transfer of ownership of the said property.Apparently,it seems to be a case of false complaint lodged against you to unnecessarily harass you.Merely because a complaint has been filed against you,you do not become guilty.The aggrieved party would have to prove that you were guilty minded.Otherwise,the court would exonorate you.Thereafter, you can file a defamatory case against him claiming damages for causing mental harassment to you.You can file a Writ before the concerned High Court to set-aside the complaint.
In view of the above,please take immediate necessary actions on the matter through a suitable criminal lawyer and immediately apply for bail before the trial court.Please also try to ascertain the title-deed of the disputed property.Apparently, you have a very strong case on the matter and hence neeed not much worry.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra