Indian Law/NOC from bank

Question
Sir

I want to ask that my husband is currently working in a bank. He wants to prepare for UPSC but don't know whether he will get noc from bank. He has a home loan in that bank. Can he prepare for UPSC? Please suggest me sir as soon as possible.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thank You

Answer
Nidhi: Thanks for your referral.

Of course he could get NOC from his employer bank if he applies for it. This is regardless of whether he has borrowed home loan or any other loan from the bank employer. If the home loan or any other such loan is borrowed at soft rate as a staff benefit, then the bank may require to return it or convert it into commercial loan at market rate. He can also transfer such loan to other bank.

Thus, merely having borrowed a home loan should not come in the way of appearing for UPSC exam or getting a NOC for it.

Am sure if he explains the above to his bank employer, he would get the requisite NOC.

Best Wishes to him in his future endeavours!!!  

Indian Law

Rajeev Dewal