Indian Law/regarding service bond

Question
I need help on a issue..I am working with IT MNC..I have signed a service agreement for company which says "I agree to and undertake to remain in the service of the company from the start date of the said training for a period of 2 years and that I shall not resign , abandon , terminate , give cause for termination of my employment for any reason whatsoever from the service of the company"..2 years are completing on 31st jan 2014..I have sent a mail to them saying "due to some personal issues I won't be able to continue my services for the company..I want to resign..please consider"..this mail I have dropped on 3rd of december 2013  I.e 2 months before my bond gets over considering 3 months notice period as per company policy..Now they are not accepting it and asking me to pay bond amount..they are not ready to let me withdraw my resignation also.i have sent the withdrawl mail...is it legal??is it justified?please help.

Answer
Bonds are one sided contract executed under compulsion and it has no validity in the eye of law except in case of recovery of reasonable expenses like actual training expenses.As per section 27 of the Contract Act,all agreements in restraint of any profession are void.It also violates Article 19 of our Constitution,which guarantees freedom of professions to all individuals.Therefore,in the instant case,your ex-employer has no authority to implement the Bond unless it is for recovery of substantial actual expenses incurred for providing say external training traing abroad.
You have every right to terminate your employment contract by complying with the terminatin clause stated in it.
In view of the above,you should not under any circumstances agree to pay any compensation to them.Apparently, you have a very strong case in the matter and nothing to worry about.Please take appropriate action in consultation with a lawyer.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra