Indian Law/Land dispute

Dear Sir,

My Father in law has 3 daughters and i married the elder one. Due to some financial situation my father in law has sold few properties to me. I paid, bought and registered on my name. However, the other 2 sisters did not sign on the registration document. Will i face any problems in the future?. For example,   my wife's other 2 sisters make an issue and need some shares from the properties that were sold by their father etc., Please advise.

Abraham: If the property in question was your father in law's self acquired property, then you have no problem as he has full right to dispose such self acquired property. However, if it was ancestral, then your mother in law and sisters in law  also have a right to it and hence they can question such sale. Best Regards.

Indian Law

Rajeev Dewal

Indian Law relating to Banking and Financial Transactions. Kindly read instructions on "Ask the Question" page before asking a question. Kindly note that the replies here are by way of general information and not to be taken as legal advice nor the same form any client attorney relationship.

Over 20 years as In-House Counsel and banker with International, Private and Public Sector banks in India.

Currently, Head- Legal, RBL Bank Limited, India (see web:

University Prize- LLB Examination, Distinction- CAIIB.