Indian Law/shop owned by grandfather n his two brother

Question
QUESTION: hi,
we have a shop at good location which Is in the name of my grandfather and his two brothers. My grandpa Is no more but his two brothers are alive. My dad's brother who is the smallest was using this shop and was not allowing anyone to do business there. He has taken all original documents of the shop. Now he Is threatening that he will sell the shop .. My question is can he sell the shop without the signature of my dad? Also if my grandfather's brother agrees to sell and my dad don't

ANSWER: If a male Hindu dies without making a "WILL",then the wealth left by him are distributed amongst his legal heirs preferably equally to his class-I heirs comprising son,daughter,widow,son/daughter of a predeceased son/daughter etc. and otherwise to class-II heirs comprising father,brothers/sisters etc.as per the order prescribed in the Act.However,prior to amendment of the Hindu Succession Ac,1956 the daughters were excluded from participating in the coparcenaries ownership and thus discriminated  on the ground of  gender. It also led to oppression and negation of her fundamental right of equality guaranteed under Article 226 of the Constitution of India. Parliament felt the same and accordingly decided to make in necessary changes in the law.  Accordingly, Section-6 of the Hindu Succession Act, 1956 was substituted by a new provision vide the Hindu Succession (Amendment) Act, 2005 under which  daughters who were born and married before 1956 are also entitled to get a share in the property left by a deceased person.
Therefore,in the instant case,after the death of your grand-father,his wealth  would devovolve as per the last desire made in his WILL,if any and in the absence of the same, equally amongst his wife and children subject to issue of the Succession Certificate by the court.However, if your grand-father died prior to the coming into force The Hindu Succession Amendment Act,2005 then his daughters will get no share in it.
After the death of your grand-father as well as grand-father and his sons,their wealth will be distributed as per the provisions of The Hindue Succession Act as stated above.
Alternatively,  the existing members can enter into a "Family Settlement Deed" and get it registered.It will help in equitable distribution of the wealth and also to maintain peace and cordial relation within the family.
Property included all properties-ancestral as well as self-acquired of the deceased.
Only the true owner has the authority to sell the property.Till the ownership is transferred,your brother has no authority to dispose off the property.
Please take appropriate actions in consultation with a lawyer.

QUESTION: Thanks for your reply. it was of great help to me.

My concern here is that my uncle has all the original documents of the shop with him and if my grandfather's two brothers and two uncle of mine who holds the share of my grandfather agree to sell off the shop and gives signature so in that instant can my uncle sell the shop WITHOUT the signature of my dad who also holds the share in that shop after the demise of my grandfather.

Answer
In case of co-owners, the property cannot be sold without the consent of all the owners or their representatives.Therefore,in the instant case,the said sale will be invalid.You may obtain certified true copy of the original documents from the Registrar's Office through an advocate.
So, you have nothing to worry about.
In view of the above,please take appropriate actions in consultaton with a lawyer.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra