Indian Law/Birth certificate

Question
Sir spelling mistake of my parents in mybirth certificate.
I have birth certificate of my mother and death certificate of my father. Resident in Mumbai registered in mumbai municipal cor.Would like to know what paper work is necessary to carry at the muncipal office for correction of my birth certificate.

Answer
Macario: Thanks for your referral. You will have to follow the procedure prescribed by the concerned authorities who issued these certificates for the issue of certificates correcting names.  Suggest to meet with the authorities issuing these certificates with the proof of correct names of your mother and father (say ration card/ passport/ any other document showing correct name spelling) and request them to issue the certificates with names corrected. The authorities may ask you to give a written application and also perhaps an affidavit, which you should provide. Am reasonably sure that this will lead you to the desired result. Best Regards.

Indian Law

Rajeev Dewal