Indian Law/TO GET BACK MY MONEY IN INDIA

Question
Dear & Respected Sir,
Around more than 2 years back i paid Rs.6,00,000/- as part of the land value to buy 2 plots in a layout. However, the real estate owner is a single person.  After 3 months of paying this advance the Indian Railways took more than half of the layout as a railway line will pass.  The two plots which i selected (but not registed in my name) were also gone to railways.  Since that time (which is one and half year) the landlord is making promise over promise to return my money but he did not return the amount.  Please advise me Sir, the best possible to get this amount.

I remain thankful and grateful to you,

Thanking you and with my best regards,

Rafeeq Ahmed

Answer
Rafeeq:

Thanks for your referral. Appears the matter has indeed caused you stress.

In the given circumstances suggest to-
-engage a reputed lawyer to deal with the matter;
-authorize a person whom you trust (may be your near relative or friend) to act on your behalf, as you are staying away;
-issue a lawyer's notice to the person whom you have paid the amount and who has to return it to you but has not returned it asking him to pay; and
-file, in consultation with the lawyer, a complaint with police.  

Am reasonably sure, this course of action will lead you to the desired result.

Best Regards.  

Indian Law

Rajeev Dewal