Indian Law/Non Payment of Salary

I am working with an organization for the last 3.5 months and have till date not received a months salary. It as so happen that no one in the organization has received it yet. Till date CEO was saying he will be paying us but now he says no money and he cant pay us. Many of them who had joined in Sept left the organization. I am still here coz I know and I have seen if I leave the place i will not get anything from him and its a big amount which I would not want to leave.

More than the amount its also that he is cheating people. So I personally would want to stop this before I quit the organization so that attest no more people will be duped in future.

pl advise me how do i go about this. and if i take any legal action will it effect me in getting a job in future

Deepti: Appreciate your situation. Please however look at it objectively.

Suggest in the given situation that-
-if you have another job on hand you may simply resign duly and leave the company and take up that another job and keep pursuing for your dues;
-if you do not have another job on hand then until such time you don't get it, you should continue with the company and keep pursuing for salary; and
-don't waste your time in teaching lesson to the company etc as it is tedious and will bring negativity to you.

Also read past answers on similar questions for further elaboration

Best Regards.  

Indian Law

Rajeev Dewal

Indian Law relating to Banking and Financial Transactions. Kindly read instructions on "Ask the Question" page before asking a question. Kindly note that the replies here are by way of general information and not to be taken as legal advice nor the same form any client attorney relationship.

Over 20 years as In-House Counsel and banker with International, Private and Public Sector banks in India.

Currently, Head- Legal, RBL Bank Limited, India (see web:

University Prize- LLB Examination, Distinction- CAIIB.