Indian Law/Notice pd.recovery

Question
QUESTION: "Hi
i workd with an b.p.o co. at delhi and left for my hometown on dec 19 ,2012 without giving a proper leav applicatn....as it was an unexpectd leav..i just informd my managrs over ph. that my dad wasn't well....and i just can't assure whn i wud b back....they permited me...2 months pasd by and i intimated them ovr the ph.that i wud b resigning...but they dint ask for a writn consent ...moreovr they said they wud wait bk for me...now that i cudnt turn up...an official letr datd.15 mar2013 landed on 25 mar.stating that ""your resignation is acceptd and aftr holding the salary for jan 2013...aditionaly u hav to pay a notic pd recovry amount ofaround 5000rs. including p.f and i.card expenses
my ques.are
1.is the co. rightly doing this as i hvnt consented a writn resignation... what are the powers of the co.regarding recovery of dues...?
2.can the managemnt b explaind that i wudnt b abl to pay back evn a penny due to circumstancial restraints...?
3.the job contract b/w. us was not on legal papers...can the co.initiate legal actions against me?
4.do the ful and final setlmnt amt.eventualy increases and does the employee also hav to bear intrest upon it if nt paid in time...?
5.if a co. say xyz ltd. offers a job and hands ovr an offer letter to its candidate...but if the candidate turns down the offr...can the co. stil impose any contractual and legal obligation upon the candidate?

thankin u in anticipation for ur beneficial resolutions to my queries..."

ANSWER: You should have applied for formal leave.Since you remained on unauthorised leave, they could have treated you as absconding or they could have terminated your service after holding a formal inquiry.However,you have right to terminate the employment contract at any time by serving a notice as per the terms of engagement.They have no right to withhold your outstanding dues.They must release it after adjusting lawful outstanding dues.Under no circumstances you should deposit any amount.They can take no action against you since the job contract was not on a non-judicial paper of appropriate value.

QUESTION: thanx for the ans.sir...
the ques.that folows is....

as they hav demanded a certain amount and i am nt supposd to pay it....

1.) what should i do if they send any notice (whether legal/official) again & again...demanding for the same amount ?

2.)as per the query ...can i ask for relieving letter against myself ...as they hav written to me that they hav acceptd my resignation ?

thanx in anticipation

Answer
If you have resigned as per the terms of your engaement,your employer is  legally bound to accept it and settle your legal dues.They have no right to calim any amount from you unless it is legally due.Since there was no written contract with you, you have every right to terminate the contract simply by serving a letter of resignation.
In view of the above,I would advise you to immediately serve a legal notice to them to issue the release order to you and to make full and final settlement of your dues.Please tell them that otherwise you shall be compelled to take suitable legal actions against them.
Apparently your case is very strong.Please take above action in consultation with a suitable lawyer.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra