Indian Law/property division

Question
sir,
   My question is about ancestral property division. We are two sisters both married. After the death of our parents, in property we got only a house. After marriage she is living with her husband at the first floor and I lived in ground floor. But now I am not living in my house. The first floor of our house is not furnished completely. Now she wants to divide equally. But I don't want to go for division now. Can she legally do anything which will compelled me to go for division? The deed of our house is in our father's name.

Answer
If a male Hindu dies without making a "WILL",then the wealth left by him are distributed amongst his legal heirs preferably equally to his class-I heirs comprising son,daughter,widow,son/daughter of a predeceased son/daughter etc. and otherwise to class-II heirs comprising father,brothers/sisters etc.as per the order prescribed in the Act.However,prior to amendment of the Hindu Succession Ac,1956 the daughters were excluded from participating in the coparcenaries ownership and thus discriminated  on the ground of  gender. It also led to oppression and negation of her fundamental right of equality guaranteed under Article 226 of the Constitution of India. Parliament felt the same and accordingly decided to make in necessary changes in the law.  Accordingly, Section-6 of the Hindu Succession Act, 1956 was substituted by a new provision vide the Hindu Succession (Amendment) Act, 2005 under which  daughters who were born and married before 1956 are also entitled to get a share in the property left by a deceased person.
The property of a Hindu female dying intestate, or without a will, shall devolve in the following order:
1. upon the sons and daughters (including the children of any pre-deceased son or daughter) and the husband,
2. upon the heirs of the husband.
3. upon the heirs of the father, and
upon the heirs of the mother.
Therefore,in the instant case,after the death of your parents,his wealth  would devovolve as per the last desire made in their WILL,if any and in the absence of the same, equally amongst his wife and children subject to issue of the Succession Certificate by the court.However, if father died prior to the coming into force The Hindu Succession Amendment Act,2005 then his daughters will get no share in it.
Alternatively,  the existing members can enter into a "Family Settlement Deed" and get it registered.It will help in equitable distribution of the wealth and also to maintain peace and cordial relation within the family.
Property included all properties-ancestral as well as self-acquired of the deceased.
Please take appropriate actions in consultation with a lawyer.  

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra