Indian Law/Reg.admission denied and fees not refunded

Question
Helo

i took provisional admission to a masters degree program in one pvt. college at new delhi in 2012 and paid the annual fee amounting about 15000/- :the admisn was provisional that my current graduation examination results were not submitted to the office during admission

they took my sign on just a printed sheet that if i do not get atleast 50% ,i wud be denied admisn....i was hopeful but future is uncertain...

i pasd out with 49 % ...and the marksheet were handy to me aftr 45 days of takin the provisional admisn.....whn i went back to the ofc they just said that they wud certainly do somethng for me...they acted as if mercy letter was being sent on behalf of me frm the h.o.d 's side to the vice chancellor...bt never let me knew what was the reply...instead,they just wasted tym..3months passed......then i demanded my money back and was ready to cancel my admisn...they denied sayin that the law prohibits

1.a general category candidate from taking a degree exam with his past record of leSs than 50%,as a govt.rule

&&

2.as per univ.rules the fees cannot be refunded.

they have cheated me sir and have wasted my one whole year and a lot of money as i belong to a low income family....

my ques.is

1....are the colg admin saying right?

2....can i legaly take my money back and claim damages against them for wasting my 1whole year?
if so...

i do nt belong to delhi ....what if i file a suit at my hometown...

pls help me sir....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer
Since it was a provisional admission,in case you did not fulfil the admission criteria,they are legally bound to refund the fees.They have no right to forfeit the admission fees.You may file a suit before the appropriate Forum for breach of contract.You may also lodge a formal complaint before the V.C. of the said University with a copy to the UGC.Further, you can file a criminal complaint against the Inst. for cheating.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra