Indian Law/Appointment by a school, but no appointment letter

Question
During march end, I was called for an interview in a school in Noida as a French teacher. The new batch starts from April 3rd and I got a call on 1st April confirming my appointment. On visiting the school during the orientation programme, I talked to the previously employed teachers and got to know that nobody has the appointment letter [the principal and headmistress included]. It is a highly reputed global school and I do not expect such behaviour on their part.

My question is- Should I join the school or not? I'm a fresher and it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT for me to have at least my experience letter. Is it possible that in the absence of an appointment letter I'm also denied my experience letter later? It's a big school with multiple branches and a lot of staff, so should I keep my expectations straight and assume that I WILL get an experience letter at the end? Or if they don't give me an appointment letter should I quit? I haven't signed any document as of now, neither have I got a copy of any rules & regulations. However, the principal did say that they will get a bond of a year signed by me. I am not getting the feeling of being hired as there has been no written exchange of documents. If I get a paper signed from the principal stating that I will get an experience letter at the end of my tenure, will it be enough as a legal evidence in case of any issues later?  

Please help ASAP.

Thank you

Answer
Contract may be oral or written but written contract is definitely better to prove the terms and conditions in case of a dispute.Some organisations issue formal appointment letter on a date subsequent to the date of joining.Since you are a fresher, you have no other alternative but to accept it.It will atleast give you some experience.If you join without any formal appointment letter,you shall have the discretion to terminate the contract at any stage simply by serving a verbal intimation.It will help you to join elsewhere at a shorter notice.Employment Bond is normally difficult to implement because it is a one sided contract.The employee excutes it under coercion and in most of the cases ,such contract is turned down by the court.Moreover, it is a violation of Article 19 of our Constitution as well as void U/s 27 of the Indian Contract Act.Therefore, even if they execute such Bond,if subsequently you leave them without paying the bonded amount,they cannot enforce it through court.If you resign from that organisation,please do not agree to pay a single Re. from your own pocket towards implementation of the bonded amount.Let them recover it through court.They have to prove before the court the actual loss suffered by them due to your pre-mature termination of contract.
In view of the above, my advice is that you accept the appointment without any hestation and continue there till you get an alternative suitable employment.However,if you feel happy there ,you may also continue there.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra