Indian Law/Final Settlement not done since last 2 years and 11 months

Hi Javed,
I resigned from previous Employer on 21 May 2010, but still my Final Settlement is not done.
Please let me know:

1. Is there something like if Final Settlement not done for 3 years it will be considered as Null and Void ?
2. If I initiate legal action then how much expenses will be there. As total final settlement amount is around 24,000, so it doesn't make sense if much amount needs to invest.

Dear Syed,

The issue is not about quantum, it is principle that is important. Your right to receive the amount on Final Settlement if given in writing by your employer is enforceable debt and can be recovered.

To initiate recovery, you need to send a demand notice through a good lawyer and await the response. Based on the response, you can decide to go for recovery at the expiry of the time stipulated in the notice to pay the due amount under the Final Settlement.

The matter is below fifty thousand and Small Causes Court will be deciding the matter. If you have all evidence, then the Court can decide under summary procedure and decree the suit for the amount.

A good lawyer on civil side will be best able to guide and assist you in this matter.

All the best
Javed Razack

Indian Law

Javed Razack

The medium of allexperts in asking questions and soliciting answers is for people who are in real need of assistance on their grievance. I may not be able to accommodate request on opinions, suggestions and queries from people who desire answers for their academic interest. I do not solicit professional work through the medium of allexperts. I will not be answering questions which are not asked by genuine seekers on their issues and problems. Students, Junior Lawyers, Job seekers, Para Legal and non-serious persons are requested to abstain and refrain from raising queries so as to provide this platform for genuine people in availing the facility. Questions for any academic interest will be rejected. No client attorney relationship is established by answering your query(s). I do not accept requests for legal advice nor offer any specific legal advice through the medium of allexperts or its Web page. The answers and comments are for illustrative purposes only and should not be relied or regarded as legal advice. The answer to the grievance of the particular online query depends on the facts of the particular case and law applicable to it. Answers and information disseminated on this Web site is intended to be educational in nature and not intended to be a source of advertising or solicitation or be interpreted as legal advice. Users and viewers discretion is solicited and itís at your own risk. I will endeavor to answer questions on Indian Laws concerning Civil disputes on property, recovery or any other contractual obligation, Criminal disputes on Indian Penal Code, Negotiable Instruments Act, Company matters, Income Tax, Arbitration, Family and matrimonial issues, please ask.

Successful in acheiving what I regard job satisfaction.

Self Employed

Many Journals

Master in Law