Indian Law/query regarding employee bond

dear sir
i was working in consultant as hr for 25 days they have not given me offer letter or appointment letter
they forced me to write on ruled sheet that i will work with that company for 6 months they have not given any training also and i have not mentioned in that sheet that i will pay any money if i leave the company before 6 months their is no guarantor also for that
for my 25 days work they paid only 2000rs.
they have taken in writing on another sheet that they have paid me 2000rs for my 25 days work
now i left the company as environment was not good.
now they are daily calling me and threatening me to give back the money (2000rs) and also they are telling they will go to court
sir should i pay back that 2000rs is that bond valid can they go to court please help me

Thanks for your referral.

You do not have to worry. Such a bond is arbitrary and bad in law. No court is likely to give the company any favourble order nor it is feasible for the company to approach court for a court case is long drawn tedious process. Thus, while the company may be threatening you, it may not in reality go to the court.

Please read instructions on "Ask the Question" page and also read past answers on the point of bond for further elaboration.

If the company makes demand in writing to you, you should reply in writing stating there being no dues payable by you for the reason of the bond being unjust and bad in law. My sense is this will close the matter.

If the company still persists, then you should consult with a reputed lawyer, with whom you may share this message, and send a reply to the company through that lawyer and it will sure close the matter.

Best Regards.

Indian Law

Rajeev Dewal

Indian Law relating to Banking and Financial Transactions. Kindly read instructions on "Ask the Question" page before asking a question. Kindly note that the replies here are by way of general information and not to be taken as legal advice nor the same form any client attorney relationship.

Over 20 years as In-House Counsel and banker with International, Private and Public Sector banks in India.

Currently, Head- Legal, RBL Bank Limited, India (see web:

University Prize- LLB Examination, Distinction- CAIIB.