Indian Law/Resignation from Onsite

Question
QUESTION: Hi Iam working in onsite. before coming to onsite i signed a bound to server 6month once i am back to india. now my client want to hire me. and i want to know what will happen if i break the bound. i am ready to make the payment,but i know my current company will not agree.

Q1. can i just brake the bound. i dont have any bound in the country where i am working..( i received a inter departmental transfer letter)no bound.

Q2. i have singed a bound to sever my company after i return to india for 6month.

Regrda,
Ram

ANSWER: Employment Bond in India is generally treated as a one sided contract and hence not enforecable through court of law unless it was executed to recover any reasonable actual losses suffered by the employer.Such contract subject to certain exceptions is treated as void under section 27 of the Contract Act.It is also violative of Article 19 of our Constitution,which guarantees freedom of practising any profession or to do any trade,business or profession to every citizen of India.
In view of the above,normally Bond has no legal validity and  even if it was valid,your employer could not recover anything more than the actual reasonable loss suffered by them.Therefore, they have no right to claim any compensation from you for pre-mature termination of contract.If they creat any problem in releaseing you or settling your dues, please serve a legal notice upon them.In case they file a suit to enforce it,their possibilty of success is very remote on the grounds stated above.So, you need not least worry about that.Moreover, please do not pay any amount from your own pocket.That will be great blunder on your part.Even if any amount is recoverable from you, let them prove it before the court the actual loss suffered by them.Merely bringing a prosecution does not mean your employer is right.It depends upon facts and circumstances of the case,evidences placed before the court and arguments of the advocates.After hearing both the parties, judges always tries to give a reasonable decision.However, please take all actions in the matter in consultation with a service lawyer to protect your interest.

QUESTION: Dear Arun Kumar,

Thanks for you advise, i really glad you gave the response so quick. I have few more questions related to same topic.

1.In the situation i break the bound. will i be eligible for Experience certificate and Relieving letter.as per your answer i think i am ?
2. Before breaking the bound , do i need to give any notice (1month/2month)? (but my company wont pay me during notice period)
3. if i go to court to seek help to get my experience certificate/relieving letter. do i need to be Physically  present in court in India?

Ram

Answer
They are legally bound to issue the release order.Normally a good employer issues service certificate.But in the instant case, your employer in order to harass you, may not issue the release order,experience certificate and may even not release your outstanding dues.However,ultimately you will get everything through court with penal interest for embarassing you.
Before leaving the organisation, you shall have to serve termination notice as per your terms of your engagement.
Intially you shall have to issue a legal notice to give the above documents and yur outstanding dues and threatening them that in case of non-compliance,you shall be compelled to take suitable legal actions against them.If they do not comply with the same,ultimately you shall have to approach the court.Apparently,case is strong for you .
Please take all actions in consultation with a lawyer to protect yur interest.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra