Indian Law/New Ration Card

My father is a Professor at Govt. college and his  monthly salary is over 90000 rupees. Is he eligible for a ration card in Uttar Pradesh and my uncle lives in Bihar and he is also a prof. with salary over 80000 pm. Is he eligible for ration card? Is there an  income cap on ration card?

Dear Atulesh Jha,

In my opinion your father and uncle, both are eligible to Ration Card from the Civil Supplies Department.  The subsidy on certain commodities like LPG, Kerosene and other as are listed and notified by the respective State Governments are for all category of persons irrespective of income.

The only aspect is that your father and uncle will not be entitled to the benefit under income scheme as the income is not below the limit that may be prescribed by the respective Governments.

It is better to take the information in person by approaching the PRO at the Civil Supplies Bhavan in your city to get more clarity on this aspect.

All the best
Javed Razack

Indian Law

Javed Razack

The medium of allexperts in asking questions and soliciting answers is for people who are in real need of assistance on their grievance. I may not be able to accommodate request on opinions, suggestions and queries from people who desire answers for their academic interest. I do not solicit professional work through the medium of allexperts. I will not be answering questions which are not asked by genuine seekers on their issues and problems. Students, Junior Lawyers, Job seekers, Para Legal and non-serious persons are requested to abstain and refrain from raising queries so as to provide this platform for genuine people in availing the facility. Questions for any academic interest will be rejected. No client attorney relationship is established by answering your query(s). I do not accept requests for legal advice nor offer any specific legal advice through the medium of allexperts or its Web page. The answers and comments are for illustrative purposes only and should not be relied or regarded as legal advice. The answer to the grievance of the particular online query depends on the facts of the particular case and law applicable to it. Answers and information disseminated on this Web site is intended to be educational in nature and not intended to be a source of advertising or solicitation or be interpreted as legal advice. Users and viewers discretion is solicited and itís at your own risk. I will endeavor to answer questions on Indian Laws concerning Civil disputes on property, recovery or any other contractual obligation, Criminal disputes on Indian Penal Code, Negotiable Instruments Act, Company matters, Income Tax, Arbitration, Family and matrimonial issues, please ask.

Successful in acheiving what I regard job satisfaction.

Self Employed

Many Journals

Master in Law