You are here:

Indian Law/Notice period


I have resigned from NBFC and as per my appointment letter i have to serve 45 days notice period if i decide to resign and vice versa. But after i resigned the HR wrote that in organizational mail they had changed the current rulling and now people on my level too has to serve 90 days.After this communication brought to my knowlegde i pleaded for short notice period payment. But NBFC refuses and in every request mail"that stick to company policy. Pls guide for ammicable resolution.

Dear Naresh Kumar
Strictly speaking, the NBFC is no at liberty to change the terms and conditions of your employment as and when they find the same apt without your consent. Hence as the policy is of 45 days notice period at the time of your resignation, the same implies to you and there is nothing more your former employer can do about it. Having said that please remember that I have given you the above answer as per the information given by you. If your employment contract has a clause that says that the employer can in any extend or change the notice period as and when the feel is right, the same may prevail. I would ask you to consult a good lawyer in your locality who after going through your employment contract will be able to help you and advice you better

Indian Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Advocate Manoj Ambat


I can answer any questions concerning Indian Law, that may include Criminal, Civil, Matrimonial, family laws, consumer contracts, agreements personal laws including Hindu Laws and banking laws in India. I do not specialize in tax laws. DISCLAIMER: The profile and the answers given above by the expert are in conformity with the guidelines laid out by The Bar Council of India and is not intended as a means of Personal promotion nor as an Advertisement of services provided by this expert as an Advocate. The questions answered herein are free in nature and are in conformity of the legal aid programs of The Bar Council of India. Please also note that the answers given are specific to each question specified by the questioner and details provided by the same which may not reflect on the actual problems faced by the questioner. Hence it is advisable to personally consult a good Advocate/ Lawyer in your locality for solutions to your problems. The expert and this website does not undertake the accuracy of the answers herein given and the questioner's discretion is advised. FOR THE READERS: The answers given herein should not be considered as a general answer and are specific to the questions asked herein.The answers are only just path finders that leads you on the correct answers. It is always advisable to personally consult a lawyer for specific solutions to your problems


I am an Attorney/Advocate/Lawyer running independent practice having extensive practice in Criminal laws,Civil laws,Family laws,Divorce laws, Guardianship of children and minors,Consumer Laws and rights,Contracts and agreements,Property laws in Kerala,Labour laws,Medical negligence,personal laws including Hindu Laws, Tribal laws and rights and Motor Accident Claims for the past 13 years.

Having Independent practice and Senior Partner in Manoj Ambat (Law Firm).Also currently involved in Tribal Rights & Empowerment Movements in the hills of Attapady, Palakkad District, Kerala State giving free legal education and assistance as part of the Akhil Bharathiya Abhibhashaka Parishad legal assistance program along with associates

My blog ( Facebook ( Twitter (!/manojambat)

BA.L, LL.B, General Course in Intellectual Property Laws ( WIPO, Geneva)

Past/Present Clients
Individual clients and companies

©2017 All rights reserved.