Indian Law/Property Distribution in absence of a will

Question
Dear Sir

I stay in a property with my family for last 26 years.This house was built by my father and i took care of them all till their last days. I have 3 brothers and one sister, one brother has died. I needed your assistance for the following questions.

In absence of the will will i have a higher claim since i have stayed in that house since it was built and my siblings were away. I looked after my parents and i have been paying all taxes and maintenance.

-The widow of one of my brother can claim any right on this property.

- If my brothers are not giving the POA then can i approach the court and send summons to dissolve the property.In that case will i enter into a property dispute.

Kindly assist
Regards
Arun Vedajna

Answer
Dear Arun Vedajna
No, you cannot claim a greater percentage of the share just because you have been looking after the property. Your brother's wife will get a share if your father had passed away before your brother. Your option is to file a suit for partition if your brother does not consent for Partition  

Indian Law

Advocate Manoj Ambat