Indian Law/Resignation after maternity leave

Hi sir,
  I am an architect by profession in a private firm in Noida.I had taken my 3 months maternity leave from 21 november to 21 feb 2013, with extension of 3 months leave without pay.But I am unable to rejoin again, because I have no one to look after my baby in my absence.
     So I had forwarded my resignation letter to the employer.But now they are saying that they will not issue my epf and other employee documents, unless i join office again.
    please suggest me on the issue.
Its urgent, I have to revert back to them to tell them my final decision.

Thanks and regards,

An employment contract may be terminated by either party by complying with the termination clause contained in the contract.Therefore,you have every right to leavt the company by submitting your resignation as per the above clause contained in the contract.If you have done it,then your employer is bound to accept it and release you and also make full and final settlement of your dues.However,in some organisation,there is a system to hold an exit interview with the employee before releasing him.If they have given any reply to your letter of resignation,please take appropriate action in the matter in consultation with a lawyer.Apparently,you have nothing to worry about.In this connection,it may also kindly be noted that leave is not a matter of right and it is fully at the discretion of the employer to accept/reject it.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra

Contract Law,Companies Act,Sale of Goods Act,Partnership Act,Negotiable Instument Acts,Constitution of India,Arbitration Act,Consumer Protection Act,Maternity Act,Payment of Gratuity Act,Payment of Bonus Act,Shops & Establishment Act etc.The answer to the grievance of the particular online query depends on the facts of the particular case and law applicable to it.However,my comments relating to the various queries raised through the "All Experts" should not be treated as legal advices and should not at all be relied upon.I do not accept any responsibility for them.They will only give you some ideas about the probable merits of your cases.Ultimate actions/decisions in the matter may please be taken in consultation with the Legal Experts in the relevant fields.My purpose of giving the comments is to increase my own knowledge on the subjects and share it with others.It is purely of academic interest to me. I strongly feel the more knowledge we share,the more we shall be able to learn because there is neither any age nor any end to learning.

I have experience of dealing with matters relating to holdings of board/general meetings,maintenance of statutory registers,filing of necessary returns with the RoC,obtaining licenses for import,replies to Parliament Questions,dealing with the Parliamentary Committees,appearing before various courts to defend my employers,filing affidavits/counter -affidavits,preparing written statements/re-joinder,giving advice to management on complicated legal issues,preparation,drafting and vetting of contracts etc. I have more than 35 years of experiences to deal with the Company Law and Other Commercial Laws of leading Organisations in the country both in Public as well as Private Sectors.

Member,Inst. of Chartered Accountants of India Member,Inst. of Company Secretaries of India; Member,Bar Council of India Member,All India Management Association Member,Delhi Management Association Ex. Vice-Chairman,Durgapore Chapter of the I.C.A.I. Expert ,CA Club India Expert ,Lawyers Club India Expert,AllExperts Ex. Faculty ,I.C.S.I as well as I.C.W.A of India Retd. Co. Secy. & G.M.(Law)/NFL(A Mini-Ratna A Schedule Central P.S.U.),New Delhi Ex.V.P.(Secretarial Dept.),Jaiprakash Associates Ltd. Ex. Co. Secy.,MAMC(A Govt. of India Enterprise),Durgapore

Obtained ''A'' Grade Certificate in the Parliamentary Procedure from the Secy. General of Parliament in 1994-95.It was in connection with a training course conducted by the BPE for PSU Executives.

I am presently working as a Company Secretary in Old World Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.located in Delhi.It is engaged in Hospitality Industry.It has Units in India and abroad.It has been given the responsibility to look after operation & Management of ''India Habetat Centre'' located at Lodhi Road,New Delhi.