You are here:

Indian Law/about landcase


QUESTION: sir,there is a land which is bought by my grandfather at1962 at the name of his father,after some year my grandfather change the ownership and transfer it to his name,a case is given by his brothers,as a result they gave their sign that it is only my grandfather land,but that document has lost,and the son of my grandfather's brother has again filed a case at 8/8/2013,then what we have to do,and that land contains our home and we are living since 1962.

ANSWER: Once a property is purchased in the name of your father,he will only become the true owner of it and no one else.He will enjoy a right of rem against the said property.In the revenue records of the Govt. only his name will appear as the said owner.Accordingly, your father will have sole right to deal with the property in such manner as he desires including transferring its ownership to others.Merely filing a suit by any other person challenging its ownership will not change its present status.After the death of your father, the said property will devolve upon the person to whom he desired to transfer it by WILL.However, if he dies intestate, it will devolve upon his legal heirs preferably class-I subject to issue of a Succession Certificate by the court.For the said purpose, one of the beneficiaries will have to apply to the court.In case of WILL, it would be necessary to get it probated by the court.
Accordingly,please verify the title deed of the property and also take further necessary action in the matter by consulting a property lawyer.

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: sir,may any body files a case after 50 years later from the date of purchased,and in the all forms of receipt from the government is about my grandfather

Time limit to file a suit for possession of immovable property or any interest therein based on title,When the possession of the defendant becomes adverse to the plaintiff. is Twelve years.However,this time limit may be extended by the court on reasonable grounds.  

Indian Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Arun Kumar Maitra


Contract Law,Companies Act,Sale of Goods Act,Partnership Act,Negotiable Instument Acts,Constitution of India,Arbitration Act,Consumer Protection Act,Maternity Act,Payment of Gratuity Act,Payment of Bonus Act,Shops & Establishment Act etc.The answer to the grievance of the particular online query depends on the facts of the particular case and law applicable to it.However,my comments relating to the various queries raised through the "All Experts" should not be treated as legal advices and should not at all be relied upon.I do not accept any responsibility for them.They will only give you some ideas about the probable merits of your cases.Ultimate actions/decisions in the matter may please be taken in consultation with the Legal Experts in the relevant fields.My purpose of giving the comments is to increase my own knowledge on the subjects and share it with others.It is purely of academic interest to me. I strongly feel the more knowledge we share,the more we shall be able to learn because there is neither any age nor any end to learning.


I have experience of dealing with matters relating to holdings of board/general meetings,maintenance of statutory registers,filing of necessary returns with the RoC,obtaining licenses for import,replies to Parliament Questions,dealing with the Parliamentary Committees,appearing before various courts to defend my employers,filing affidavits/counter -affidavits,preparing written statements/re-joinder,giving advice to management on complicated legal issues,preparation,drafting and vetting of contracts etc. I have more than 35 years of experiences to deal with the Company Law and Other Commercial Laws of leading Organisations in the country both in Public as well as Private Sectors.

Member,Inst. of Chartered Accountants of India Member,Inst. of Company Secretaries of India; Member,Bar Council of India Member,All India Management Association Member,Delhi Management Association Ex. Vice-Chairman,Durgapore Chapter of the I.C.A.I. Expert ,CA Club India Expert ,Lawyers Club India Expert,AllExperts Ex. Faculty ,I.C.S.I as well as I.C.W.A of India Retd. Co. Secy. & G.M.(Law)/NFL(A Mini-Ratna A Schedule Central P.S.U.),New Delhi Ex.V.P.(Secretarial Dept.),Jaiprakash Associates Ltd. Ex. Co. Secy.,MAMC(A Govt. of India Enterprise),Durgapore



Awards and Honors
Obtained ''A'' Grade Certificate in the Parliamentary Procedure from the Secy. General of Parliament in 1994-95.It was in connection with a training course conducted by the BPE for PSU Executives.

Past/Present Clients
I am presently working as a Company Secretary in Old World Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.located in Delhi.It is engaged in Hospitality Industry.It has Units in India and abroad.It has been given the responsibility to look after operation & Management of ''India Habetat Centre'' located at Lodhi Road,New Delhi.

©2017 All rights reserved.