Indian Law/about property division between me and my uncles

Question
QUESTION: sir.. my grandfather died about ten years ago and my father also died at the same time. that time i was a kid and all the property was with my uncles and i have nothing yet. now i am 21 and i want to have all that belongs to me. my grandfather had no will about the property. i want to know whether i wll get my share in all the property that they have like land, buildings on rent etc. if yes what is the procedure please tell me

ANSWER: If a male Hindu dies without making a WILL,then the wealth left by him are distributed amongst his legal heirs preferably equally to his class-I heirs comprising son,daughter,widow,son/daughter of a predeceased son/daughter etc. and otherwise to class-II heirs comprising father,brothers/sisters etc.as per the order prescribed in the Act.However,prior to amendment of the Hindu Succession Ac,1956 the daughters were excluded from participating in the coparcenaries ownership and thus discriminated  on the ground of  gender. It also led to oppression and negation of her fundamental right of equality guaranteed under Article 226 of the Constitution of India. Parliament felt the same and accordingly decided to make in necessary changes in the law.  Accordingly, Section-6 of the Hindu Succession Act, 1956 was substituted by a new provision vide the Hindu Succession (Amendment) Act, 2005 under which  daughters who were born and married before 1956 are also entitled to get a share in the property left by a deceased person.
In view of the above,in the instant case,property left by your father will devove as per the Succession Certificate to be issued by the court.You shall certainly get equal share in it alongwith other class-I heirs.
Please consult a lawyer for further advice on the matter.

QUESTION: there is a building which was made by my grandfather. it was not given to anyone by my grandfather. now my uncles say that they want to give it to my grandmother. by doing this they actually want to play politics with me because if they give this building to grandmother the very next day she will give it to anyone she wants. now my question is whether my grandmother has this kind of rights ?? and if yes then whether my uncles can give that building to her even if i do not agree with that ?? i have equal rights in that building as my uncles as you said earlier ....kindly clearify

Answer
If a male Hindu dies without making a WILL,then the wealth left by him are distributed amongst his legal heirs preferably equally to his class-I heirs comprising son,daughter,widow,son/daughter of a predeceased son/daughter etc. and otherwise to class-II heirs comprising father,brothers/sisters etc.as per the order prescribed in the Act.
Accordingly, property left by your grand-father shall be distributed after his death.However,an application has to be made to the court for issue of the Succession Certificate and it can be made by any of the beneficiaries including yourslf.
In view of the above,please take necessary action in the matter in consultation with a Lawyer.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra