You are here:

Indian Law/Question about my rights.


"Respected Sir,
I am Soumen Das from kolkata i am working in a BPO company and i married for 5 years.My marriage is a arranged one but after my marriage the scenario started my sister and my mother treat my wife as good for nothing and they started putting metal pressure on me and my wife but i tried my level best to solve that issue but at last i will thrown out from my house.In between all of this my father also started joining them without knowing anything.So we left home and we left all the things on time because time makes everyone understand and we started living on rent after 5 years my mother and father realize the value of me and my wife and everything becomes in track and he also buy a land and made a hose for me but the house/land owner is my mom and dad everything is going fine in my off day we visit mom,dad place to share some valuable moments which i loose .Few days back again my sister started the same thing and let me tell you she also got married and had a child but each and every time she interfere in my life and my personal matter now she threaten me that she give divorce to her husband and make it sure that my dad write his everything in her name so i nothing got from my father.

So i am really very scared if my father do this it is impossible to live for me .Please suggest me some advice weather it is possible that i wouldn't get anything from my father's property.

Thanks & Regards
Soumen Das

Only  thr true owner has the right to enjoy ownership of the property and also to transfer it to anyone he desires.A person whose name appears in the revenue records of the regarded as the true owner of the property.After the death of the true owner,if he dies intestate,his property will devolve upon his legal heirs as per the provisions of the Hindu Succession(Amendment) Act,2005.
In view of the above,your daughter has no right to interfere in enjoyment of the property now under your possession since your parents have allowed you to stay in it.However,they can transfer the property to your sister by Gift and in that case,she will beme owner of the property.I would advice you to execute a Partition Deed/Family Settlement Deed and get it registered to settle the disputes for ever.In case your parents die without making any WILL,as a class I heir,you shall become entitled to equal share in the property alongwith your sister.  

Indian Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Arun Kumar Maitra


Contract Law,Companies Act,Sale of Goods Act,Partnership Act,Negotiable Instument Acts,Constitution of India,Arbitration Act,Consumer Protection Act,Maternity Act,Payment of Gratuity Act,Payment of Bonus Act,Shops & Establishment Act etc.The answer to the grievance of the particular online query depends on the facts of the particular case and law applicable to it.However,my comments relating to the various queries raised through the "All Experts" should not be treated as legal advices and should not at all be relied upon.I do not accept any responsibility for them.They will only give you some ideas about the probable merits of your cases.Ultimate actions/decisions in the matter may please be taken in consultation with the Legal Experts in the relevant fields.My purpose of giving the comments is to increase my own knowledge on the subjects and share it with others.It is purely of academic interest to me. I strongly feel the more knowledge we share,the more we shall be able to learn because there is neither any age nor any end to learning.


I have experience of dealing with matters relating to holdings of board/general meetings,maintenance of statutory registers,filing of necessary returns with the RoC,obtaining licenses for import,replies to Parliament Questions,dealing with the Parliamentary Committees,appearing before various courts to defend my employers,filing affidavits/counter -affidavits,preparing written statements/re-joinder,giving advice to management on complicated legal issues,preparation,drafting and vetting of contracts etc. I have more than 35 years of experiences to deal with the Company Law and Other Commercial Laws of leading Organisations in the country both in Public as well as Private Sectors.

Member,Inst. of Chartered Accountants of India Member,Inst. of Company Secretaries of India; Member,Bar Council of India Member,All India Management Association Member,Delhi Management Association Ex. Vice-Chairman,Durgapore Chapter of the I.C.A.I. Expert ,CA Club India Expert ,Lawyers Club India Expert,AllExperts Ex. Faculty ,I.C.S.I as well as I.C.W.A of India Retd. Co. Secy. & G.M.(Law)/NFL(A Mini-Ratna A Schedule Central P.S.U.),New Delhi Ex.V.P.(Secretarial Dept.),Jaiprakash Associates Ltd. Ex. Co. Secy.,MAMC(A Govt. of India Enterprise),Durgapore



Awards and Honors
Obtained ''A'' Grade Certificate in the Parliamentary Procedure from the Secy. General of Parliament in 1994-95.It was in connection with a training course conducted by the BPE for PSU Executives.

Past/Present Clients
I am presently working as a Company Secretary in Old World Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.located in Delhi.It is engaged in Hospitality Industry.It has Units in India and abroad.It has been given the responsibility to look after operation & Management of ''India Habetat Centre'' located at Lodhi Road,New Delhi.

©2017 All rights reserved.