Indian Law/Question about my rights.

Question
Respected Sir,
I am Soumen Das from kolkata i am working in a BPO company and i married for 5 years.My marriage is a arranged one but after my marriage the scenario started my sister and my mother treat my wife as good for nothing and they started putting metal pressure on me and my wife but i tried my level best to solve that issue but at last i will thrown out from my house.In between all of this my father also started joining them without knowing anything.So we left home and we left all the things on time because time makes everyone understand and we started living on rent after 5 years my mother and father realize the value of me and my wife and everything becomes in track and he also buy a land and made a hose for me but the house/land owner is my mom and dad everything is going fine in my off day we visit mom,dad place to share some valuable moments which i loose .Few days back again my sister started the same thing and let me tell you she also got married and had a child but each and every time she interfere in my life and my personal matter now she threaten me that she give divorce to her husband and make it sure that my dad write his everything in her name so i nothing got from my father.

So i am really very scared if my father do this it is impossible to live for me .Please suggest me some advice weather it is possible that i wouldn't get anything from my father's property.

Thanks & Regards
Soumen Das
8013370407

Answer
Dear Soumen Das,

The threats of your sister are irrational. If in the past the issues in regard to your family and welfare was miserable and subsequently your father and mother having realized that it was improper on their part to have disowned you have now called you back. The house belongs to your parents jointly and that you visit them on a holiday and spend time.

If your father and mother are pressurized by your sister they may give away the property to her is your doubt and based on your sisters' statement that she will divorce her husband and get the property as she will not have any financial support. This threat can easily be ignored and you should be confident that after 5 years your father has called you back knowing your value.

You can talk to you parents about this threat and take a clear view of their opinion on division of the property or giving the property to you. If they say that it has to be divided, then get the same divided now in their lifetime rather than wait till matters precipitate.

Based on your parents inclination in dividing the property or giving all to you, the future course has to be decided.

A good lawyer on civil orientation will be best able to guide and assist you in this regard.

All the best
Javed Razack  

Indian Law

Javed Razack