Indian Law/Urgent Help Needed

Question
QUESTION: Sir,meri late mother ne 6.6.1984 me ek land kharida  rs 10 stamp paper par  with  her signature and 1 witness.
but it has Not Registered till now in sub-registrar office.
is it Valid now or not?
is land par hamara ghar bane 18 years ho chuke hain.
sir humne jab bhi ex-owner se Registration ki bat ki usne mana kar diya manchahi keemat milne ke bad bhi.

humne phir jab ex-owner ke death ho jane par us ke son  se registaration ki bat ki to wo aaj k time me jo land ka rate chal raha hai wo mang raha hai  warna hum par land kabja karne ka jhuta case karne ya kisi aur ko land registry karne ki dhamki de raha hai.
jabki stamp par ye likha hua hai ki agar wo kisi tarah ka bhi bad me virodh karta hai to use Interest ke sath di hui keemat lautani padegi.
sir plz help us mere papa ne apni puri kamai is zameen par ghar bana ne me laga di hai.

ANSWER: In case of property whose value exceeds Rs. 100/- registration is obligatory .Otherwise no transfer of property will take place.Ownership of the property will remain with the person in whose name it appears in the Revenue Records of the Govt.
If a person dies intestate, his property will devolve upon his legal heirs as per the provisions of the Hindu Succession Act.
Please consult a lawyer for further advice in the matter.

QUESTION: To kya 1984 me stamp paper par  hua ye agrrement valid nhi hai?
aur owner kitni bhi keemat mang sakta hai? aur utna na de sakne ki halat me is land par bane ghar ka kya hoga?

Answer
Moreover, Agreement should have been executed on a stamp paper of appropriate value as per the then rates prescribed in the Stamp Act.Further,time limit to register the Agreement is 4 months from the date of its execution.Otherwise substantial penalty will be payable.Till registration,it has no validity in the eye of law.
In view of the above,U can apply for Succession Certificate through one of its beneficiary including yourself.Alternatively,U enter into a "Family Settlement Deed".It helps to maintain peace and cordial relation within the family and also facilitates equitable distribution of the wealth left by the deceased.However, it will be necessary to get the said Deed registered and thereafter, approach Municipality to make necessary changes in its record.It is a serious irregularity to show ownership in the name of a deceased person.Till the Succession Certificate is obtained or "Family Settlement Deed" is executed,please apply to the Municipality for Joint Ownership of the property.
Please take immediate appropriate action on the matter in consultation with a property lawyer.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra