Indian Law/Regarding Resignation

Question
Dear Sir,
This is the first time I visited the site and asked a question.
If you have answered the same situation earlier,Can u please post it here for my reference.

Thanks in Advance Sir,

Deep Regards !!

P.S. this question is with regard to resignation in PSU bank !!

Answer
Youe Query:Dear Sir, Im a CA and have joined a PSU Bank on 18 Th of Nov 2013 through proper channels I.e, by direct recruitment with a bond period of three years and and amount of Rs.200000,which initially covers 2 years of probation. It was mentioned in the bond that in the event of leaving before serving the bond period the candidate has to pay the amount as the bank incurrs huge amount of expenditure,costs and time in training the candidate. Now I am no more interested to work in the ofc due to my personal reasons(lack of job satisfaction is also a reason). I had gone thru an article in this site saying it is not legal on the part of org to write a bond as it violative of constitution of India. If I put my papers now,can I take a stand to not to pay the amount or do i need to pay only the proportionate costs incurred I.e., no much training hasbeen given to me. Please guide !! Thanks. Deep regards !!

ANSWER:
Bonds are one sided contract executed under compulsion and it has no validity in the eye of law except in case of recovery of reasonable expenses like actual training expenses.As per section 27 of the Contract Act,all agreements in restraint of any profession are void.It also violates Article 19 of our Constitution,which guarantees freedom of professions to all individuals.Therefore,in the instant case,your ex-employer has no authority to implement the Bond unless it is for recovery of substantial actual expenses incurred in connection with your employment say for providing training abroad.
You have every right to terminate your employment contract by complying with the terminatin clause stated in it.
Based on facts of your case, court decision is likely to be in your favour.
Please take all actions in consultation with a good service lawyer.

Indian Law

Arun Kumar Maitra