You are here:

Indian Law/regarding grandfather property


My grandfather has 2 properties,1 house and 4 sons snd 6 daughters.
My father is the eldest one among all. But those 3 brothers of my father are hesitating me to give property. My father has kept a proposal that 1 property has to be dividrd among sisters and 1 property among brothers and house also my father  and any one brother. But they are objecting that yhey need all property and no property belongs to me and my father. I want to know sir, to how much extent it is possible. I am the eldest grand son of my grand father. My grand father expired on 1996. Please help sir.

Dear Irfan Basha,

The rights of the successors is under the Muslim inheritance and succession as per Shariat.  If there is any understanding reached between the siblings as per their will and wish to settle the issues amicably, the dispute need not to go into the court.

In the context of your query, the properties belonging and in the name of your grandfather, any of the beneficiary including you, can approach the court for partition and separate possession by metes and bounds in respect of the properties held in the name of your grandfather.  Upon filing of the suit, an application may be moved to seek restraint / injunction against the defendants in the suit not to change the nature of the properties and not to alienate the properties.  Your father and his other brothers entitlement under the Shariat will be two shares and that of their sisters at one share.

A good lawyer on civil side will be best able to guide and assist you in this matter.

All the best

Javed Razack  

Indian Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Javed Razack


The medium of allexperts in asking questions and soliciting answers is for people who are in real need of assistance on their grievance. I may not be able to accommodate request on opinions, suggestions and queries from people who desire answers for their academic interest. I do not solicit professional work through the medium of allexperts. I will not be answering questions which are not asked by genuine seekers on their issues and problems. Students, Junior Lawyers, Job seekers, Para Legal and non-serious persons are requested to abstain and refrain from raising queries so as to provide this platform for genuine people in availing the facility. Questions for any academic interest will be rejected. No client attorney relationship is established by answering your query(s). I do not accept requests for legal advice nor offer any specific legal advice through the medium of allexperts or its Web page. The answers and comments are for illustrative purposes only and should not be relied or regarded as legal advice. The answer to the grievance of the particular online query depends on the facts of the particular case and law applicable to it. Answers and information disseminated on this Web site is intended to be educational in nature and not intended to be a source of advertising or solicitation or be interpreted as legal advice. Users and viewers discretion is solicited and itís at your own risk. I will endeavor to answer questions on Indian Laws concerning Civil disputes on property, recovery or any other contractual obligation, Criminal disputes on Indian Penal Code, Negotiable Instruments Act, Company matters, Income Tax, Arbitration, Family and matrimonial issues, please ask.


Successful in acheiving what I regard job satisfaction.

Self Employed

Many Journals

Master in Law

Awards and Honors

Past/Present Clients

©2017 All rights reserved.