You are here:

Indian Law/Regarding : Contracts and agreements


Dear Sir/Madam

My sister fill an agreement form in one institute in Punjab for teaching job. She filled that form 15th March 2014, As per institute she has to join on 1st April.they did not give any appointment letter, the agreement is just for formality.. But they did't call her till 15th April, after that she has been selected in other school for teaching.she inform this to institute management.
But now that institute management force my sister to join the job. But my sister refused it.
Now institute management said they will take legal action if she is not suppose to join their institute.

Can you please Guide me..can they take any action against us or not..???

Thanks & Regards
Hitesh Sharma

Dear Hitesh Sharma
You have not stated the terms and conditions of the agreement entered too between your sister and the institute. Hence I am not in a position to give a conclusive reply. Having said that, I can give you a general answer. Agreements are valid and have legal sanctity. Now if the institute does not give the appointment letter on the stipulated day, they are also in breach of the agreement. Having said that, I would advice you to consult a lawyer in your locality who after going through the agreements will be able to advice you better in this regard. Please understand that I cannot give you a better reply as you have not given me the clauses of the agreement.

Indian Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Advocate Manoj Ambat


I can answer any questions concerning Indian Law, that may include Criminal, Civil, Matrimonial, family laws, consumer contracts, agreements personal laws including Hindu Laws and banking laws in India. I do not specialize in tax laws. DISCLAIMER: The profile and the answers given above by the expert are in conformity with the guidelines laid out by The Bar Council of India and is not intended as a means of Personal promotion nor as an Advertisement of services provided by this expert as an Advocate. The questions answered herein are free in nature and are in conformity of the legal aid programs of The Bar Council of India. Please also note that the answers given are specific to each question specified by the questioner and details provided by the same which may not reflect on the actual problems faced by the questioner. Hence it is advisable to personally consult a good Advocate/ Lawyer in your locality for solutions to your problems. The expert and this website does not undertake the accuracy of the answers herein given and the questioner's discretion is advised. FOR THE READERS: The answers given herein should not be considered as a general answer and are specific to the questions asked herein.The answers are only just path finders that leads you on the correct answers. It is always advisable to personally consult a lawyer for specific solutions to your problems


I am an Attorney/Advocate/Lawyer running independent practice having extensive practice in Criminal laws,Civil laws,Family laws,Divorce laws, Guardianship of children and minors,Consumer Laws and rights,Contracts and agreements,Property laws in Kerala,Labour laws,Medical negligence,personal laws including Hindu Laws, Tribal laws and rights and Motor Accident Claims for the past 13 years.

Having Independent practice and Senior Partner in Manoj Ambat (Law Firm).Also currently involved in Tribal Rights & Empowerment Movements in the hills of Attapady, Palakkad District, Kerala State giving free legal education and assistance as part of the Akhil Bharathiya Abhibhashaka Parishad legal assistance program along with associates

My blog ( Facebook ( Twitter (!/manojambat)

BA.L, LL.B, General Course in Intellectual Property Laws ( WIPO, Geneva)

Past/Present Clients
Individual clients and companies

©2017 All rights reserved.